REALITY 101

Since none of us can see into the future, I think it would be most prudent not to dispair but hope for the best. There is a bigger plan in motion here, and many of us get frustrated because we can only see a small part of the plan. I believe bigger and better things are in store, and I don't think we have to wait very long to see them.
Welcome to HawkeyeNation.

You seriously have issues siouxboy. You ever gonna get those panties unbundled? Doesnt seem like u are. Too bad. Might do you some good my friend.

You seem obsessed about the state of my undergarments, so I will throw you a bone. They are briefs, and they are not bundled.

Last edited:
No, just classic white.

I suppose BBM will now report me to Jon for hijacking his thread. You are all my witnesses, he is the one who brought up my drawers.

Other than the threads where we are trying to rationalize the season there is not much else to discuss.

Weird how the board has changed, a week ago we were arguing bubbles, RPI, Oglesby sucks, ect ect. Now the hot topic is your underwear.

Yeah it is, especially since we cannot discuss the fun stuff that happened on Saturday (Spank vs Rob).

Even the OT I getting dull since Scorp and Ghost got banned. Hot topic over there is the friggin weather!

Hawks are the 6 year old kid standing at the entry to the amusement park ride. He's standing on his tip-toes trying to look just tall enough to enter, but he isn't able to maintain it long enough before stumbling back to his normal height. An inch too short.

Don't worry, kid. I got a ride over here just right for you. It's called the NIT.
Fran is potter by trade, molding his teacup.
th
This potter is molding this until it becomes perfect teacup
th

The best teams in the nation all have a couple games you can point to that would show they have a long way to go before they are good and competitive.

We have proved all year that we are good and competitive. We have also proved that we are inconsistent and can have long stretches where we play really bad. These are not signs of a team that has a long way to go. They are signs of a team that's almost there.

Iowa has had more than "a couple games" where its youth, inexperience and lack of scoring prowess have been painfully evident. The program is still not good and still not competitive night in and night out.

Iowa has had more than "a couple games" where its youth, inexperience and lack of scoring prowess have been painfully evident. The program is still not good and still not competitive night in and night out.

We haven't really played a complete game in conference yet. Pretty much every game we have stretches where we play really good and stretches where we play really bad. The good news is our "really good" can compete with just about anyone. That hasn't been the case for a long time. If we can just play 2 more minutes of really good basketball per game we would have 1 loss in conference right now. I don't know how anyone could argue that fact and I don't know how anyone could argue that we are not close to being a really good team.

Sorry 'tomic, tea cups are slip cast from porcelain, not thrown from clay on a wheel.

So, Fran could be carving a mold to cast basketball teams from. I guess that would work, the upside is you can get a huge number of teams from the same mold once you have a good one made.

Other than the threads where we are trying to rationalize the season there is not much else to discuss.

Weird how the board has changed, a week ago we were arguing bubbles, RPI, Oglesby sucks, ect ect. Now the hot topic is your underwear.

I wish that people could resort to discussing the team, which I believe is still compelling and relevant, rather than topics that are obscene and disgusting.

We haven't really played a complete game in conference yet. Pretty much every game we have stretches where we play really good and stretches where we play really bad. The good news is our "really good" can compete with just about anyone. That hasn't been the case for a long time. If we can just play 2 more minutes of really good basketball per game we would have 1 loss in conference right now. I don't know how anyone could argue that fact and I don't know how anyone could argue that we are not close to being a really good team.

Iowa is a competative team and I don't think anyone can dispute that. What I consider an uncompetative team is Northwestern the past few games. Their roster is depleted and they just are not competative.

Iowa struggles at times because they don't have a consistent play-maker. Iowa's offense is based on transition baskets, ball movement and good passing. Iowa doesn't have a player who can consistently create offense so if the transition baskets and good pasing stops Iowa struggles to score.

I think Iowa would have bigger leads to play with if they had someone who could consistently knock down 3 point shots. Maybe that would have stopped MSU, Indiana, and Minnesota from pulling out victories at the end of the game.

I don't think Iowa can be a really good team (top 3 Big 10 & legit Elite 8 team) until they recruit a play maker at the 2 or 3. Iowa needs a ball handler who can get to the basket against another teams best defender consistently. That is what makes teams really good. I don't define really good until you have team that is an Elite 8 team no matter what teams show up in your NCAA bracket.

Latest posts