Re-watched the game

311hawk

And saw all of the parts that I missed while that guy from Clemson was laying around on the field.

For some reason I know feel alot better. We missed soooo many plays and made sooooo many huge mistakes; and still had a shot to win.

I feel pretty confident going foward even with the injuries and think if we get a shot at them again, we throttle them.

And saw all of the parts that I missed while that guy from Clemson was laying around on the field.

For some reason I know feel alot better. We missed soooo many plays and made sooooo many huge mistakes; and still had a shot to win.

I feel pretty confident going foward even with the injuries and think if we get a shot at them again, we throttle them.
I agree with that. I don't think anyone would want to play Iowa twice in the same season. God that would be sweet to play them again!

Arizona made a lot more mistakes than Iowa. 12 penalites for over 100 yards. 3 turnovers to Iowa's 1. Sure Iowa had a punt blocked that turned into a TD but Zona muffed a punt that turned into a Hawk TD too.

Get off this site. You are so stupid. I bet you'll say Iowa State made so many mistakes that without them they would've beat Iowa too. Not happening.

Get off this site. You are so stupid. I bet you'll say Iowa State made so many mistakes that without them they would've beat Iowa too. Not happening.

Time to start ridding this site from anyone Zona related. Their behavior in the stadium alone should ban their participation here. This response is indicative of the attitude of the entire fan base.

Bye.

Arizona made a lot more mistakes than Iowa. 12 penalites for over 100 yards. 3 turnovers to Iowa's 1. Sure Iowa had a punt blocked that turned into a TD but Zona muffed a punt that turned into a Hawk TD too.

And this is true to an extent. However, Arizona got penalized a bunch, because they have always been an oft-penalized team (Under Stoops anyway). Iowa's mistakes, otoh, are mistakes that are very much uncharacteristic of KF-led teams.

We lost primarily because they OUTPLAYED us...not because of a bunch of fluky/lucky plays. To say otherwise would be fooling ourselves.

All hope is not lost however, we expect to 'clean up' these mistakes, play the rest of our toughest games at home, & dramatically improve at key areas (OL, LB, & corner)...It starts this week by shaking off the hangover & ****-pounding BSU...

Arizona executed better than Iowa did in this game, and they won because of it. I don't believe they are a better team than Iowa, but on Saturday they certainly were. Time to regroup, get through this Ball State weekend that is likely to be a bit ho hum, and crank it back up next week for a nationally televised night game, then the bye week.

Cyclones17 -

Many of the penalties were pass-interference or defensive-holding penalties. If they didn't do those ... then a guy probably would have come open and allowed a big play. How exactly was that a "mistake" by Arizona?

Furthermore, Stoops was concerned about his squad being tough and aggressive enough.

All those penalties were an immediate consequence of the game-plan he had in place. You live by the sword, you also die by it. Last Saturday, Arizona enjoyed some success with at that approach.

Anyhow, as I've already broken things down ... mistakes and/or missed opportunities that immediately influenced "point swings" in the game ... Iowa had A LOT more of them.

Here is the "list" for UA:
- fumble (albeit, it was forced by Tarp)
- muffed handling of punt
- pick-6 (albeit forced by Binns)

And, mind you, ALL those factors had already happened AFTER Arizona had a substantial lead ... AFTER Iowa had to abandon their original game-plan.

Here is the "list" for Iowa:
- blocked punt (mix of execution error by Iowa and good execution by UA)
- pick-6 while Iowa was deep in UA territory (HUGE point swing/momentum swing right there)
- kick coverage errors that left kick-off returner UNTOUCHED for TD
- dropped TD pass (maybe not a perfect ball, but still a catchable one)
- allowing 2 deep passes from Iowa's zone scheme = execution breakdowns

homer - don't forget the blocked PAT - don't think that was in your submission. That one error itself may have cost Iowa the game - it certainly changed AZ's psychology from defeated to gaining the MO back.

Classic case of the better team lost. And Rightly so, AZ did EVERYTHING they needed to to win. We've had that on our side many times, just how it goes. Still sucks though.

I cheered for Iowa in this game. I had 100 bucks on them to win! Just because I can see a game from a realistic point of view doesn't mean I am wrong

And this is true to an extent. However, Arizona got penalized a bunch, because they have always been an oft-penalized team (Under Stoops anyway). Iowa's mistakes, otoh, are mistakes that are very much uncharacteristic of KF-led teams.

We lost primarily because they OUTPLAYED us...not because of a bunch of fluky/lucky plays. To say otherwise would be fooling ourselves.

All hope is not lost however, we expect to 'clean up' these mistakes, play the rest of our toughest games at home, & dramatically improve at key areas (OL, LB, & corner)...It starts this week by shaking off the hangover & ****-pounding BSU...

I think the Hawks are probably the best team. I put money on them thinking they would win by 10+. But they weren't the better team that night. Arizona had twice as many penalty yards, two more turnovers, and they still won. Turnovers and penalties are MISTAKES. Getting beat for a kickoff return is just getting beat IMO

Most of Arizona's penalties came in the 2nd half after they already had the lead, assisting us in coming back late in the game. Ours happened early in the game and set the tone for the entire game

Furthermore, Stoops was concerned about his squad being tough and aggressive enough.

All those penalties were an immediate consequence of the game-plan he had in place. You live by the sword, you also die by it. Last Saturday, Arizona enjoyed some success with at that approach.

This really rings true for me. This game reminded me a lot of when McCarney would have Iowa State's hair on fire when they played Iowa. The main consequence of getting so up for a game is the colossal let down for the subsequent opponents.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona loses to Cal this coming week.

I would agree with Jon time for BSU game play well build some confidence AZ is over Hawks made mistakes and AZ too advantage and give AZ credit big last drive so move on. We have a game this Saturday then need too be ready for PSU in Kinnick always a great setting at night.

I would agree with Jon play well this week against BSU and build confidence and get ready for a big game against PSU.

Latest posts