Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Brinson, Hampton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brinson, Hamptom/Wegher/Robinson

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
If Hampton can come back and be as capable as he was during the 08 season, and Wegher can play like he did in the Orange Bowl, that would be the ideal combination. I have a feeling however that Robinson will be one of the top 2

I think Hampton will start. Robinson will technically be the backup - i.e., if Hampton gets hurt Robinson would be the primary ball carrier. But I think Wegher will get more touches than Robinson when Hampton is healthy. Wegher brings a much different skill set and gives the defense a different look, whereas Robinson is very similar to Hampton.

What is the recovery time for Hampton's surgery. I was under the impression that had he chosen surgery right away he would have been ready for spring ball but because he didn't that 2 month delay would make him unlikely for Spring ball. If that is the case he wont be 100% come the start of B10 play. on the plus side he should have fresh legs and be 100% when OSU comes to town.

What is the recovery time for Hampton's surgery. I was under the impression that had he chosen surgery right away he would have been ready for spring ball but because he didn't that 2 month delay would make him unlikely for Spring ball. If that is the case he wont be 100% come the start of B10 play. on the plus side he should have fresh legs and be 100% when OSU comes to town.

IIRC it was reported he ran non contact during bowl prep, so it looks like he is up and running again, just needs to get the full clearance for full contact.

Personally, I would like to see Wegher used as a Percy Harvin-type player. Put him in the slot more, as he's got the best hands and speed of the group, but also give him about 7-8 carries a game. I'd like to see him get a total (including kickoff returns) about about 14-16 touches a game, plus goalline situations.

Hampton, if he comes back at the level he was at in 2008, should be the primary carrier, 14-16 carries a game. He's got more speed than Robinson, maybe a little less slipperiness.

Robinson was my favorite this past fall. He doesn't have breakaway speed or overwhelming power. He reminds me of a little slower version of Fred Russell. He's just really shifty, and tough bring down with just one guy. He is a tougher runner than Russell, though. The kids legs never stop churning. He also has good hands and can make things happen with the ball in his hands (see: Arizona and Penn State games in particular). Playing behind Hampton, I'd like him to get 10-15 carries, maybe a catch or two out of the backfield per game.

I went with Robinson, Hampton. I think over the long hall it will end up being Hampton getting 2/3 and Robinson getting the other 1/3 and hopefully Wegher as a 3rd down back.

HOpefully Coker is so good that this is a non issue.

Coker will not be a factor on the field or depth charts this year. Depending on health we have at least 4 running backs on the roster with more experience than he has. It's unlikely Coker sees much action prior to the 2012-2013 season.

The general rule for ACL recovery time is this....
6 mos for the knee to regain it's structural strenght
12-24 months for you to regain all of your muscle strength, speed/quickness, and explosion in the muscles around it

I'm hoping we are deep enough at RB that Coker can redshirt so he will have another year of elgibility when some of these guys are gone.

HOpefully Coker is so good that this is a non issue.

If Coker sees the field we will have some serious injury issues at RB. Brinson is also not going to pass any of the other 3.

Spring practice and fall camp will go a long way in who sees the field early. The first 3 games will likely give us a good feel for who the main two will be. A lot can happen between now and then, all three have a pretty darn good claim to getting carries. That is a great thing!

I'll be really interested to see how Wegher looks next year after an off season to bulk up. I expect him to get a lot stronger after Doyle is done with him.

Assuming Hampton comes back at 100%, I'm looking for Hampton/Wegher.

Latest posts