Raymon dismissed?

I promise I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but doesn't a boat load of players leaving at his position say something to his coaching personality/style. That or doesn't it say something about his ability to recruit guys who would succeed in playing for him?

Something not very right is going on there and Iowa has been lucky the last few years that they had 4 studs who could take the majority of the snaps at those positions. They covered up the lack of depth but this year and especially next year the talent and depth is at the bottom of the Big Ten levels.

Iowa lost a good many more on the DL with Aiken as the DL coach than we lost with Coach K as the DL coach. And, for the record, Aiken was well known for being a very calm, collected, and low-key sort of coach ... however, he was also VERY detail oriented and exacting.

Folks can say that being homesick is BS ... however, even our own Colin Cole was homesick enough that he almost left too.

Anyhow, Coach K is widely recognized as one of the young up-and-comers in the coaching ranks. He's really well respected and ANY DL recruit is pretty lucky to get coached by him.

Rumor is Coach K is a bit of a DB.

You can't get top performance by coddling and holding hands. Many kids need more pushing than others. Football camp is not for singing Kumbiya.

A lot of these young kids act tough but when it gets to a stressful situation they crumble and have to be pushed to get develop the inner toughness that is needed.

Iowa lost a good many more on the DL with Aiken as the DL coach than we lost with Coach K as the DL coach. And, for the record, Aiken was well known for being a very calm, collected, and low-key sort of coach ... however, he was also VERY detail oriented and exacting.

Folks can say that being homesick is BS ... however, even our own Colin Cole was homesick enough that he almost left too.

Anyhow, Coach K is widely recognized as one of the young up-and-comers in the coaching ranks. He's really well respected and ANY DL recruit is pretty lucky to get coached by him.

this. and thank you for saving me the post.

this is not about 1 position coach, not at all.

might be more that the DL is very hard to recruit for any school, and at iowa tougher given our population base. so you have to take some risks on DL players. which leads to player development for this position i.e. Babineaux.

I've met him and been around him several times and always thought he was a nice guy. I know he is well respected by the other coaches. He is intense but that is a trait of a lot of coaches. If someone leaves because a coach is too intense that seems pretty weak

Yeah, I'm sure he acts the same way around the players as he does wehn in public. Just cause he's a nice guy doesn't mean he's not a tough coach. I've heard from people that attended Iowa practices regularly that he is extrememly tough on the DL. Very tough, if you know what I mean.

So we have the most d-lineman in the NFL but we loose a high number of them? That's a strange combination. Fantastic results but loose a ton too? Explanations????
Maybe a hard-*** coach that either produces them or looses them. ?- Do you want real good results and none or somewhere in the middle? discuss...

didnt raymon have some "personal issues" to deal with earlier in the year? i wonder if he got in some sort of trouble and its just now coming to a head.

He reminds me of when Dan McC. coached the dline for Iowa. I love Coach K's fire.

Last edited:

Latest posts