Rattler leaving Oklahoman: Shouldn't Iowa try to get him?

Should Iowa try to get Spencer Rattler off of the transfer portal if he leaves Oklahoma?

• Yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
Doors close doors open, it's the new norm, like the Dr. Pepper commercial it's easy to see someones's not a good fit when he doesn't choose you or wants to leave your schood and then the negative smearing begins. The reason Rattler isn't coming to Iowa is Kirk won't make any promises to anyone who is not his starting QB. Even Eppy had to wait his turn. After the Oliver experience I am skeptical of the portal as well but it is the future and the present. If someone wants to come to Iowa I'm sure Kirk has conditions.
If there are tackles out there you have to believe we're looking, and at some dbacks if we miss on this recruiting go-round just to get depth.

I'm not sure how many teams can say this, but Iowa has started an NFL drafted QB from 2013 up until Petras took over. I think an argument could be made that James Vandenberg could have been drafted were it not for the tutelage of Greg Davis, and if you believe that then we've been playing with NFL drafted QBs since 2008. Heck, Iowa has 3 4-star QBs on roster today.

Until there is better guard play, nobody is going to look good at QB. I really see no evidence that Spenser Rattler would improve the team at all. He doesn't look like a good team mate and routinely makes poor choices. That's kind of the opposite for what you want out of a QB at any school.

I'm not sure how many teams can say this, but Iowa has started an NFL drafted QB from 2013 up until Petras took over. I think an argument could be made that James Vandenberg could have been drafted were it not for the tutelage of Greg Davis, and if you believe that then we've been playing with NFL drafted QBs since 2008. Heck, Iowa has 3 4-star QBs on roster today.

Until there is better guard play, nobody is going to look good at QB. I really see no evidence that Spenser Rattler would improve the team at all. He doesn't look like a good team mate and routinely makes poor choices. That's kind of the opposite for what you want out of a QB at any school.
Damn good post.