Ranking the B10 Football Helmets

I've always hated Wisky's cartoon helmet. The Illini at one time had the best helmets until the B10 went all nazi liberal.

What Illinois helmets are you talking about? I always remember them being at the bottom of the BigTen.

Nebraska's helmets are horrible. They would be better if they actually started with a white helmet instead of whatever that color is that more closely resembles the color of a two-pack-a-day-smoker's teeth.

True... I never could figure out why their helmets are more cream colored but the rest of their white on thier jerseys are bright white. With all the Nebby people lurking, hopefully we can get a quick answer.

What Illinois helmets are you talking about? I always remember them being at the bottom of the BigTen.
Back in the 80's the Illini had the chief illini logo on their helmet. It was pretty cool, way better than the Nascar font they use now.

Back in the 80's the Illini had the chief illini logo on their helmet. It was pretty cool, way better than the Nascar font they use now.

Interesting, I do not recall that helmet. Also, it is not on the helmet project website. Definitely sounds better than what they have now, which, quite frankly is one of the worst helmets in all of college football.

I noticed it wasn't on that site either. I may be pulling a Clemons and mis-remembering.
Regardless, the Chief Illini logo was badass, thier new logos and really everything are terrible.

Latest posts