Ramos vs Stieber.

castille

Evidently posters have forgotten about Iowa vs OhioState. What's the predictions when it comes to Ramos vs L.Stieber and Marion vs H.Stieber? Or, Kelly vs Tessari, or Lofthouse vs Heflin, or Campolattano vs Gambrall, or Telford vs Capone, or Magrum vs Wagner? The Hawks better be ready because this is a good Ohio State team.:eek:

I wouldn't put a cent on these picks but here's a shot.

L. Stieber DEC Ramos (I think Tony gets him at nationals but drops this one at OSU)
Marion DEC H.Stieber (Marion too solid and finally starting to look like the guy who made the finals two years ago)
Tessari DEC Kelly (Complete crap shoot but gut says Tessari at home. Hope I'm wrong)
Lofthouse DEC Heflin (Lofthouse's match vs. Munster impressed me with his composure and ability to do whatever he needed to win. Consistency is always a question with him though. We'll see which Lofthouse shows up)
Gambrall DEC Campolattano (If our 165 lber Evans can and did beat Camp while weighing much less than him, I would hope Gambrall could since he's much closer in size and has a couple more years of college experience under his belt)

I'm surprised that Ramos isn't getting any respect on the wrestling boards. I don't know if it's anti-Iowa bias, but most of the posters I've read expect Stieber to beat Ramos. Steiber has yet to prove himself and Ramos just beat Oliver for goodness sake. I hope Tony humiliates him on Friday night in Buckeye country.

As far as the dual goes, Nebraska beat tOSU 19-18 so I'm not concerned with the outcome. There will be some great match ups though. tOSU has several ranked wrestlers in DiJulius (15), Stieber x2 (4/7), Tessari (16), Heflin (8), Magrum (10), and Capone (15).

Stieber has been made out to be the next coming of the Messiah for the last couple years. I'll take Ramos because he hasn't given me any reason why I shouldn't.

125 McDonough MAJ DiJulius 4-0 HAWKS
133 Ramos DEC Steiber 7-0 HAWKS
141 Marion DEC Steiber 10-0 HAWKS
149 Tessari DEC Kelly 10-3 HAWKS
157 Moore DEC Garcia 13-3 (Think they'll hold out St. John, althought Brands may send him out toget some mat time before PSU)
165 Evans MAJ Storley 17-3
174 Lofthouse DEC Heflin 20-3 (Perhaps, the first of 2 big wins this weekend for Ethan?)
184 Magrum DEC Wagner 20-6
197 Gambrall DEC Campalotano (Speed guy but not much on the mat, Gambrall can grind him out) 23-6
285 Telford DEC Capone 26-6 (I'd rather see Big Blake out against Wade, but if Telford shows us something on Friday he'll see the mat on Sunday) 26-6 Hawks

Ohio State is a dangerous tournament team, but I think Brands will use this dual to set the tone for this weekend.

I'm surprised that Ramos isn't getting any respect on the wrestling boards. I don't know if it's anti-Iowa bias, but most of the posters I've read expect Stieber to beat Ramos. Steiber has yet to prove himself and Ramos just beat Oliver for goodness sake. I hope Tony humiliates him on Friday night in Buckeye country.

As far as the dual goes, Nebraska beat tOSU 19-18 so I'm not concerned with the outcome. There will be some great match ups though. tOSU has several ranked wrestlers in DiJulius (15), Stieber x2 (4/7), Tessari (16), Heflin (8), Magrum (10), and Capone (15).

Yeah, I don't understand how Ramos is getting overlooked. He did just beat The Man. It wasn't like it was lucky, or he waited for Oliver to tire, etc. He was in on multiple shots. I don't see anyone beating Ramos again this year with the exception of Oliver having a chance, but to be honest what could Oliver really do differently next time to beat a confident Ramos?

It's almost like people forget how special Oliver is, and Ramos beat him.

Yeah, I don't understand how Ramos is getting overlooked. He did just beat The Man. It wasn't like it was lucky, or he waited for Oliver to tire, etc. He was in on multiple shots. I don't see anyone beating Ramos again this year with the exception of Oliver having a chance, but to be honest what could Oliver really do differently next time to beat a confident Ramos?

It's almost like people forget how special Oliver is, and Ramos beat him.

My concen is that, we underestimate how much Carvers atmosphere that night had to do with Lifting Ramos and Rattling Oliver. Brands has repeatedly said that he has to keep Ramos from getting a big head so I worry about that as well. BUT just pure wrestling, Ramos controlled ties which took away Olivers low leg attacks and any shrug or throwby attempts, and when he didn't have control of the ties he had a great Head Hands defense staying low and moving with Oliver to prevent Oliver from getting any angles.

My concen is that, we underestimate how much Carvers atmosphere that night had to do with Lifting Ramos and Rattling Oliver. Brands has repeatedly said that he has to keep Ramos from getting a big head so I worry about that as well. BUT just pure wrestling, Ramos controlled ties which took away Olivers low leg attacks and any shrug or throwby attempts, and when he didn't have control of the ties he had a great Head Hands defense staying low and moving with Oliver to prevent Oliver from getting any angles.

I've never seen the big head comments, but I'll take your word for it. As far as having a big head, I equate that to getting lazy. I just don't see Ramos ever being lazy. Maybe he's talking about not wrestling smart all the time, I don't know.

I will agree the Carver environment was awesome, just my opinion, but I don't think it affected the match. Ramos is too focused, and I didn't really see at any time during the match where he needed an extra "boost" to finish. Ramos was no different, and Oliver has now been in big situations many times. I honestly don't see what Oliver could do differently if Ramos wrestles the same smart way every time they wrestle.

Should be a great night of wrestling. Ohio St will be pumped wrestling in front of their home crowd but I still think the Hawks will pull out a victory.
133 & 141 matches should be very entertaining and should go a long way in determining which team wins the meet. GO HAWKS!!

125 McDonough Fall 6-0 HAWKS
133 Ramos DEC 9-0 HAWKS (very close match)
141 Marion DEC 12-0 HAWKS (very close match)
149 Tessari DEC 12-3 HAWKS
157 St John MD 16-3 HAWKS (St John needs mat time prior to PSU meet)
165 Evans MD 20-3 HAWKS (Hopefully a Pin)
174 Heflin DEC 20-6 HAWKS
184 Magrum MD Wagner 20-10 HAWKS
197 Campalotano DEC 20-13 HAWKS
285 Telford/Raising DEC 23-13 HAWKS

Should be a great night of wrestling. Ohio St will be pumped wrestling in front of their home crowd but I still think the Hawks will pull out a victory.
133 & 141 matches should be very entertaining and should go a long way in determining which team wins the meet. GO HAWKS!!

125 McDonough Fall 6-0 HAWKS
133 Ramos DEC 9-0 HAWKS (very close match)
141 Marion DEC 12-0 HAWKS (very close match)
149 Tessari DEC 12-3 HAWKS
157 St John MD 16-3 HAWKS (St John needs mat time prior to PSU meet)
165 Evans MD 20-3 HAWKS (Hopefully a Pin)
174 Heflin DEC 20-6 HAWKS
184 Magrum MD Wagner 20-10 HAWKS
197 Campalotano DEC 20-13 HAWKS
285 Telford/Raising DEC 23-13 HAWKS

Alot of hawkeye posters writing in a pin for McD. Dijulius is not a warm body, he is a very talented freshman. I don't think you count on any bonus points there.

No way McD doesn't major him at a minimum. He's wrestling as well as anyone in the country. Being talented doesn't mean much to McD - Sanders is talented too but McD runs him up and down.

No way McD doesn't major him at a minimum. He's wrestling as well as anyone in the country. Being talented doesn't mean much to McD - Sanders is talented too but McD runs him up and down.
The them to this year in college wrestling appears to be parity, especially at the lower weights in the top 5s. While I agree McD is wrestling well right now, I don't think Dijulius will stick his own shoulders to the mat. McD has had trouble getting to his offense with opponents who were good on their feet. He won't be in trouble here, but I wouldn't just give him major bonus points either. Irregardless, I think Iowa wins this one comfortably. I think at least one, if not both Steiber's will get wake up calls.

Logan Stiebler is very good. He beat Carter something like 7-1. Ramos lost to Carter in OT.

Logan will be prepared. If Montel gots his wind back he should be ok

Alot of hawkeye posters writing in a pin for McD. Dijulius is not a warm body, he is a very talented freshman. I don't think you count on any bonus points there.

He is a very talented Freshman but I still think McD wins by at least a MD and hopefully gets the Pin. McD has been on fire the past 3 matches and I just don't see Dijulius keeping it to a regular decision.

The only way McDonough doesn't get bonus points is if Dijulius rolls up into a ball and gets away with stalling.

Logan Stiebler is very good. He beat Carter something like 7-1. Ramos lost to Carter in OT.

Logan will be prepared. If Montel gots his wind back he should be ok

If MM wrestles hard for 7 minutes he should be OK. If not, it wouldn't shock me if Hunter Steiber beats him.
(Believe Hunter beat Kellen Russell earlier this year)

133 & 141 should be very exciting matches.

Latest posts