Ramos vs Stieber.

I've never seen the big head comments, but I'll take your word for it. As far as having a big head, I equate that to getting lazy. I just don't see Ramos ever being lazy. Maybe he's talking about not wrestling smart all the time, I don't know.

I will agree the Carver environment was awesome, just my opinion, but I don't think it affected the match. Ramos is too focused, and I didn't really see at any time during the match where he needed an extra "boost" to finish. Ramos was no different, and Oliver has now been in big situations many times. I honestly don't see what Oliver could do differently if Ramos wrestles the same smart way every time they wrestle.

Oliver could only get 2 cautions instead of 3 and not give Ramos a point sending it to OT. :p

Seriously, I agree. If they meet in the semi's or championship of the NCAA's Tony can win if he finishes his shots. He was the aggressive one during that match and probably should have won in regulation but Oliver "lucked" his way out of a couple of nice singles by Ramos.

Oliver could only get 2 cautions instead of 3 and not give Ramos a point sending it to OT. :p

Seriously, I agree. If they meet in the semi's or championship of the NCAA's Tony can win if he finishes his shots. He was the aggressive one during that match and probably should have won in regulation but Oliver "lucked" his way out of a couple of nice singles by Ramos.

You're right, I forgot about those! I'll just say that they made up for the riding time fiasco.

So I know absolutely nothing about wrestling, but it didn't sound like it went very well for Ramos in this match...basically a microcosm of the whole dual the way it sounds.

Alot of hawkeye posters writing in a pin for McD. Dijulius is not a warm body, he is a very talented freshman. I don't think you count on any bonus points there.

Brett, you were definitely correct in your prediction. Next time I won't be so overconfident when making my predictions!!

Look at the bright side of it. Ramos will probably get another shot at Stieber and possibly Carter.

Brett, you were definitely correct in your prediction. Next time I won't be so overconfident when making my predictions!!

Don't worry. McD has been waxing and waning all year it seemed, and if he is waning now, he will likely be waxing when it counts.

I was still shocked with how it turned out. It almost seemed like the whole Iowa team had the flu or something.

The other thing that has to be discouraging for Hawk fans is that the Steiber brothers remind me of the Brands back in their day. They are going to be bears as they season in the college ranks.

Iowa needs to turn this around for PSU. I really hope Evans can catch Taylor. I wish nothing but pain on Sanderson and his proteges.

Latest posts