Ramos at 41 next year?

WildTurkey

Hate to see Gilman or Clark out of the lineup.

25- Gilman
33- Clark
41- Ramos
49- Jeva

I think all but Jeva could be Mid to high AA. Let Ramos and Jeva spend the offseason with Doyle and see what happens. Or do we go with:

25- Clark
33- Ramos
41- Jeva
49- Kelly/Grothus

Which lineup scores more points?

I wish I could see it because based solely on talent, it makes a lot of sense to have Gilman, Clark, Ramos and Dziewa in the lineup. That said, two of the four would not be at their optimum weight class which could hurt. I think Dziewa could possibly fill out to 149 but I just can't see Ramos being as effective at 141 as at 133. He's listed at 5'4" and seems his frame is about maxed out mass wise and any extra may not be of benefit. Individually I can’t see him going up a weight class just to potentially better the team by a few points. Brands preaches going whatever weight is going to win you a championship and I can’t see him asking Ramos to bump up to an unnatural weight his senior year when he has the best chance to win the title at 133. The other option is if Dziewa bulks up to a solid 149 and Trizzino, Owens, Ryan, Kadel or someone else slide in at 141. I don’t know if either of them is better than the Kelly/Grothus option at 149 but I suspect it would be pretty comparable so I bet Brands has the guys go at whatever weight they are most effective at individually and then find the best solution for the relative hole at 141 or 149.

Absolutely not. Ramos is not a big 133lber. There's no way he'll be at 141, nor could he be as effective at that weight.

Ramos needed Doyle to become a decent sized 33lber after his RSfreshman year. No way he can go up another 8 pounds. One of the two upcoming freshman studs will need to sit.

Ramos needed Doyle to become a decent sized 33lber after his RSfreshman year. No way he can go up another 8 pounds. One of the two upcoming freshman studs will need to sit.

...unless the NCAA brings back 118. Bring it back as an 11th weight class!!

Absolutely not. Ramos is not a big 133lber. There's no way he'll be at 141, nor could he be as effective at that weight.

I wouldnt say no way. Ramos is no longer a small 133. He may be short but he is not small for the weight.

On a sidenote I dont think it would be best for the team, but thats not up to me or any of us on the board.

with the way ramos is wrestling this year I would just keep him at 133. Think it also depends on who stays at 141 next year

Ramos needs/will stay at 33! The reality is Gilman OR Clark is sitting next year. Sucks but its true. Who knows Clark grows 2 inches this year and will be at 41. I truly think Gilman is a 25er for his career

Latest posts