Quick Take: How Many B1G Wins for Iowa Hoops in 2014?

What will Iowa's Big Ten record be in Hoops?

• 12 or more wins

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • 11-7

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • 10-8

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • 9-9

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 8 or fewer wins

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Here are the teams Iowa will play and the locations...we don't know the when's and how many good teams will be stacked up, etc...but we know the who and where

at Indiana
at Penn State
home v Purdue
home v Nebraska

Michigan
@Michigan
Michigan State
@Michigan State
Ohio State
@Ohio State
Illinois
@Illinois
Northwestern
@Northwestern
Wisconsin
@Wisconsin
Minnesota
@Minnesota

9-9

6-3 @ Home- losses to Michigan, MSU, & OSU
3-6 Road- wins @PSU, @ILL, & I think they could get one @NW/WIS/MINN

Double losses to Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.
Single losses to Indiana, Penn State.
Wins and losses with Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
Wins over Purdue and Nebraska.

To get more than 6 or more wins will take a victory at Penn State (possible); a sweep of Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, or Minnesota without getting swept (possible); and/or upsets over Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, or Indiana (unlikely).

Sweeps over NW, and Ill.- 4
Split with Michigan,Wis,Minny and OSU.- 4
Win over PU ,Nebby and PSU- 3

Total...11-7.

Swept by MSU, win all other games at home.

Win at Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, PSU, Wisconsin and Nebraska

14 wins, I think the depth Iowa has will prove to win a few games next year. Iowa can bring in a whole set of 5 for each position in the second 5. I look for McCabe/Marble/Basabe to be great leaders and a lot more balance this year having 3% improve by Gesell, McCabe and then throw in Jok, Uthoff if they can shoot some decent % from long distance, Iowa will be scary.

W at Indiana
W at Penn State
L home v Purdue
W home v Nebraska

W Michigan
L @Michigan
L Michigan State
L @Michigan State
W Ohio State
L @Ohio State
W Illinois
W @Illinois
W Northwestern
W @Northwestern
W Wisconsin
W @Wisconsin
W Minnesota
W @Minnesota

13-5

This team lacks an impact player like the teams above Iowa have. And in college basketball all it takes is an impact player to rise above the rest (see Kansas). Until Iowa gets an impact player to build around, Iowa isn't going to compete for a championship. This schedule is brutal. 9-9 is going to be a lock in the NCAA with Iowa's RPI this upcoming season. Even if they go 8-10 I think would be enough.

This team lacks an impact player like the teams above Iowa have. And in college basketball all it takes is an impact player to rise above the rest (see Kansas). Until Iowa gets an impact player to build around, Iowa isn't going to compete for a championship. This schedule is brutal. 9-9 is going to be a lock in the NCAA with Iowa's RPI this upcoming season. Even if they go 8-10 I think would be enough.

Marble has a chance to be that guy. Not saying he will be, but to say unequivocally that we lack an impact player is poorly thought through.

I may be way off base...wouldn't be the first time. I will be totally stunned if this team wins fewer than 12 conference games next year. I have us at 14-4. We lost 2 close home games this entire season with Basabe and Marble each being injured 1 of those games. I can't see us losing 2 home games next year. If we somehow lose a home game and the road games to both Indiana and Penn State then we drop to 12-6. I can't see us any lower that this.

These aren't Lick's Hawks. We aren't the Big 10's whipping boys in basketball anymore. This is Fran's team/program now. He's not going to be hanging around .500 in year 4. I'm just not seeing it with this coach, this talent, this depth, this team's unselfish play and great chemistry. It's time to kick some serious a$$!

Latest posts