Quick hitters RE: UA QB Foles

homerHAWKeye777

- Foles has been sacked TWICE already ... and that has come against unimpressive competition. In contrast, Foles got sacked on 11 times throughout the entire regular season last year.

- Foles has been picked off TWICE already ... again, coming against pretty unimpressive competition.

- Foles is completing nearly 84% of his passes. WOW!

- Foles has thrown 3 TD passes thus far.

- Foles averages 287 passing yards per game

And Stanzi has completed 70.7 % of his passes with a QB rating of 183.6 to Foles 174.8

Stanzi has also thrown 3 TD passes with 0 int but is credited for being sacked 3 times.

I'm not too worried when I see that the majority of AZ's points have come off of runs by Grigsby and their leading receiver has only 1 TD on 12 receptions. That won't get it done against the Hawks.

I still love the highlight of Clayborn running down the line and catching Grigsby from behind for a loss in last years game.

And Stanzi has completed 70.7 % of his passes with a QB rating of 183.6 to Foles 174.8

Stanzi has also thrown 3 TD passes with 0 int but is credited for being sacked 3 times.

I'm not too worried when I see that the majority of AZ's points have come off of runs by Grigsby and their leading receiver has only 1 TD on 12 receptions. That won't get it done against the Hawks.

I still love the highlight of Clayborn running down the line and catching Grigsby from behind for a loss in last years game.

You mean this one...

clayborn-grigsby-o.gif

That would be the one. I have officially checked out for the day and will be watching that till it's time to go home. Thanks!

That would be the one. I have officially checked out for the day and will be watching that till it's time to go home. Thanks!

Me too. Awesome play. NO WAY a man AC's size should be able to move like that. It's just unearthly.

Me too. Awesome play. NO WAY a man AC's size should be able to move like that. It's just unearthly.

According to the AZ boards, the only reason that AC got to Grigsby was because AC was already moving at full speed and Grigsby was trying to turn the corner. Looking at the video AC ran him down while he was accelerating. Impressive!

The thing I think they should really be concerned about is "Why was AC back there so fast to begin with?"

If Iowa gets that kind of penetration on Saturday, it's going to be a long night for Arizona.

According to their recruiting stats on Rivals:

-Grigsby (5'-10" 178 lbs.)
4.63 40
255 Max Bench
14 Reps
4.34 Shuttle
28" Vert

-Clayborn (6'-4" 285 lbs.)
4.73 40
245 Max Bench
8 Reps
4.88 Shuttle
31" Vert

According to their recruiting stats on Rivals:

-Grigsby (5'-10" 178 lbs.)
4.63 40
255 Max Bench
14 Reps
4.34 Shuttle
28" Vert

-Clayborn (6'-4" 285 lbs.)
4.73 40
245 Max Bench
8 Reps
4.88 Shuttle
31" Vert

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have a hard time believing any of that. Grigsby can run faster, push more weight, and have a better shuttle time, but AC has a higher verticle?

Makes no sense. Of course it's on the internet so it must be true ;)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have a hard time believing any of that. Grigsby can run faster, push more weight, and have a better shuttle time, but AC has a higher verticle?

Makes no sense. Of course it's on the internet so it must be true ;)

It said recruiting stats. I'm assuming that's what they could do in HS, though I'd still have a hard time fully buying it.

what corner? the one Prater is standing at?

Considering Prater, Edds or Angerer still would have probably made the tackle for minimal gain, it doesn't really matter. Well, other than the whole "our DE ran down your RB from behind" angle, which is really cool.

And despite what the AZ fans are trying to claim, Grigsby had plenty of space (20-25 yards) to accelerate and leave Clayborn. Especially if he was trying to turn the corner, because seeing Prater there, he'd be wanting to get around him and hopefully outrun the LB support that he had to know was coming. Of course, AC was chasing him, and that's all you need to say about that.

Josh Nesbitt can testify.

According to the AZ boards, the only reason that AC got to Grigsby was because AC was already moving at full speed and Grigsby was trying to turn the corner. Looking at the video AC ran him down while he was accelerating. Impressive!

The thing I think they should really be concerned about is "Why was AC back there so fast to begin with?"

If Iowa gets that kind of penetration on Saturday, it's going to be a long night for Arizona.

I think even the least reasonable of us would conceed that no way does AC beat Grigsby from a dead stop, in a foot race from the left hash mark to the right sideline..no way. Yes AC had a head of steam but Grigsby was in 4th shifting into 5th wit AC a couple steps back.

I think the least reasonable of Az fans would have to conceed that the play AC made on Grigs is scarry. For a guy his size to move like that and lay out and make that play well there arent many who could do it and most of the ones who could are playing on Sundays.

It said recruiting stats. I'm assuming that's what they could do in HS, though I'd still have a hard time fully buying it.

Once again I need to read the ENTIRE post. Makes more sense that way and a little more believable. There's not much difference between then and now Ht/Wt wise. Iowa and Arizona websites have them listed at:

AC 6'4"/285
NG 5'10"/190

I think even the least reasonable of us would conceed that no way does AC beat Grigsby from a dead stop, in a foot race from the left hash mark to the right sideline..no way. Yes AC had a head of steam but Grigsby was in 4th shifting into 5th wit AC a couple steps back.

I think the least reasonable of Az fans would have to conceed that the play AC made on Grigs is scarry. For a guy his size to move like that and lay out and make that play well there arent many who could do it and most of the ones who could are playing on Sundays.

Agreed, however as a fan I'd want to know why AC was back there that fast to begin with. Was it a blown play by the OL, or did AC kill someone on his way by. Again if the AZ line allows this on Saturday, it's going to be a long night for the Cats.

Latest posts