Quick hitters RE: UA QB Foles

Agreed, however as a fan I'd want to know why AC was back there that fast to begin with. Was it a blown play by the OL, or did AC kill someone on his way by. Again if the AZ line allows this on Saturday, it's going to be a long night for the Cats.

Absolutely. There were two plays like that in the game. Later down on the goal line. Can't remember who made that play.

Well I didn't just pull em out my rear:

Grigsby: 40, Shuttle, Bench, and Vert verified April 15, 2006 Los Angeles Nike Training Camp
Los Angeles NIKE Training Camp 2006 - Yahoo! Sports

Clayborn: 40, Shuttle, Bench, and Vert verified May 7, 2005 Manhatten, KS Nike Training Camp
Manhattan NIKE Training Camp - Yahoo! Sports

Didn't say that you made them up, just found them hard to believe as I didn't realize that the numbers were from HS. No Worries!

BTW - did you notice that AC had a faster 40 time than Austen Arnaud?

If it is the play I am thinking about it was Castillo on a Corner Blitz that went horizontal, made the grab, and slung around like he was roping a calf.

Agreed, however as a fan I'd want to know why AC was back there that fast to begin with. Was it a blown play by the OL, or did AC kill someone on his way by. Again if the AZ line allows this on Saturday, it's going to be a long night for the Cats.

That fast? I remember that play. AC stopped and had a snack, probably the LTs hand, and then took off after Grigsby.

The biggest number in that breakdown is Foles' TD:INT ratio. a 3:2 ratio against two bad teams doesn't portend good things for the supposedly supremely talented Foles. Yes, it's only through 2 games, but those games were against substandard opponents. Toledo and Citadel. Meanwhile, Stanzi hasn't thrown a pick yet and one of his games was against a rival from a (technically) major conference. The combination of our pass rush and ballhawking DBs could spell curtains for their O.

Foles' processes info very quickly and makes his pre-snap read very well. His yards per completion is not very high at 11.1 and that includes a lot of yards after the catch. He gets rid of the ball quickly though and is very accurate. He is completing that 84% on nearly 30 attempts per game and he can throw it downfield if he has time. Either he or Cousins will be the best pure passer we face all season.

Last edited:
Foles isn't sacked many times because a lot of their passes are quick hitters. He isn't very mobile and if our LB's and corners can get to the ball quickly, it'll be long day for the Zona offense.

If you're talking about the LONG Grigsby run, I think Spievey was the one who ran him down. The goalline stand play was Cato.

YES! Same play I was thinking about just wrong player. It was Cato and not Castillo. Oops. Still a crazy good play.

Latest posts