Question?

ColumbusHawk

The new coach has nine scholarships available for next year. According to NCAA rules and regulations, only the four incoming freshman have scholarships for next year.

For example, Forbes is hired and he can bring in four studs next year. I am just using him as an example. I mean the next coach can bring in Calipari like talent.

Do you do it?

If yes, whose scholarships do you not renew?

Would you fall off the Forbes bandwagon if he did not renew the scholarships of your two favorite players?

I dont think you do that. I think you a sit down with every player though and see where they are at, what they are looking for and let them know where they fit into your style. If they dont want to be apart of it, help them find somewhere else to go.

I wouldnt like soemone coming in and running players off to get the 1 year wonder.

I think it would be shady to not renew current players scholarships. It would make the college look bad for not fulfilling their part of the commitment.

The new coach has nine scholarships available for next year. According to NCAA rules and regulations, only the four incoming freshman have scholarships for next year.

For example, Forbes is hired and he can bring in four studs next year. I am just using him as an example. I mean the next coach can bring in Calipari like talent.

Do you do it?

Would you fall off the Forbes bandwagon if he did not renew the scholarships of your two favorite players?

I would have no problem with that. All the players can just draw out of a hat to see who doesn't get renewed they are all pretty much equally worthless in their own special ways.

Do you do it?

You mean my two favorite players on the worst team ever in Iowa basketball history....???....

I would have no problem with that. All the players can just draw out of a hat to see who doesn't get renewed they are all pretty much equally worthless in their own special ways.
Oh please. I think if players like May, Fuller, Gatens, even Payne have a chance to play with some enthusiasm in a Non-pass-the-ball-on-the-perimeter-and-chuck-a-3-at-the-buzzer-system, they could actually play rather well.

I dont think you do that. I think you a sit down with every player though and see where they are at, what they are looking for and let them know where they fit into your style. If they dont want to be apart of it, help them find somewhere else to go.

I wouldnt like soemone coming in and running players off to get the 1 year wonder.
Exactly.

I think it would be shady to not renew current players scholarships. It would make the college look bad for not fulfilling their part of the commitment.
If kids aren't going to play and only struggle with what your gong to try and accomplish you would let them languish on the bench and waste your time and theirs?
No ,evaluate, discuss and be honest because its not about screwing them over its about building a winning program and they would only hold them back if they can't to what is needed.

I wouldn't like it either. But if the Hawks are still playing at this time next, I think all would be forgiven.

Forbes would not run any players off unless the caused problems of some kind.

If they wanted to leave he would help them find a place.

Every player he coached at the JC level had a bio put together with stats and his honest opinon of the level they would fit in at.

He would even make calls on the players behalf to a school the player was realisticly interested in.

It happened to guy on this year's team - Bawinkle at WVU. College BB is a business.

It also happened to Brommer when Tubby took over at Minnesota.

Last edited:
The new coach has to have the freedom to succeed. This may mean he doesn't want certain players to be a part of the team. It is a business and happens all the time.

It happened to guy on this year's team - Bawinkle at WVU. College BB is a business.

It also happened to Brommer when Tubby took over at Minnesota.

Luckily for Wink someone was dumb enough to give him a scholly. Kindve like what ISU did for alex Thompson.

Latest posts