Question for O'Keefe Haters

okeefe4prez

Note that this is only a hypothetical question and is not in any way a dig at Ricky Stanzi.

What if JVB rolled in as the starter next year and just threw darts all year and put up wicked numbers while leading the Hawks to a 12-0 regular season (including running up like 63 points on Northwestern) and a massive blowout of OSU in the B10 title game? Would you bring your blame America attitude on here every week and second guess the staff in not playing JVB this year and be upset that we only made it to one title game instead of two in a row? I wouldn't because the staff has never made personnel mistakes and I would be happy for Iowa and agree with the staff that the decision to play your three year starter who is a senior was the right one, but I often wonder about what KOK haters would think about that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they wouldn't hesitate to show how much more knowledgeable on the game of football they are than someone that is in the game professionally.

I would say that there had to have been a second coordinator on the grassy nole just beyond the gravely road.

That's not possible...JVB will be a JR so he will already be on the decline in the iowa offensive juggernaut...he has a good chance to have modest #'s next season (since KOK has been spending most his time with stanzi) to give everyone hope and joy for a run at the 2012 national title...then he will continue his decline with failed mechanics and the message board coaches questioning his ability.

Personnel issues have certainly been botched in the past. However, they've been handled much better over the past few years.

As for the sarcastic hypothetical ... there's still no telling how ready Vandenberg is. Furthermore, given Stanzi's leadership, it would have invariably created a divide in the team had the coaches opted for Vandenberg ... even if he's a more gifted passer.

I think people's disdain for Okeefe comes from his results and not a geniune dislike for him as a person. And if he did the above things you mentioned people would think he did a hell of a job.

To counter, what if Iowa goes 2-10 next year and the offense average's 9 ppg. Would the Okeefe apologists still have his back then?

Neither scenario will happen so not sure the point of the original post

To counter, what if Iowa goes 2-10 next year and the offense average's 9 ppg. Would the Okeefe apologists still have his back then?

Lack of execution, injuries, lack of continuity at key positions, other teams just having our number. There are plenty of things unique to Iowa football that O'Keefe would be dealing with and many reasons for the hypothetical 9 ppg could be asserted.

Personnel issues have certainly been botched in the past. However, they've been handled much better over the past few years.

As for the sarcastic hypothetical ... there's still no telling how ready Vandenberg is. Furthermore, given Stanzi's leadership, it would have invariably created a divide in the team had the coaches opted for Vandenberg ... even if he's a more gifted passer.

I agree with both of these points although I'm still not sure why Keenan Davis hasn't been redshirted in either of the last 2 years. I'm not an O'Keefe supporter, but there's no way you could replace Stanzi without alienating most of the seniors on the team even if Vandenburg leads us to the National Title next year.

I have a hard time seeing JVB putting up much better stats than Stanzi is this year.. We are not losing games this year because of Stanzi's play. So this question is irrelevant in my mind, even if we do go 12-0 with JVB next year (which is I think about as likely as my winning Powerball).

Nope. No second guessing at all.
Rick has done everything I've ever wanted to see him do....that I thought him capable of. I'm living here in the Lou where they're trying to unfairly blame Gabbert for Mizzou's 'slide'. It makes me all the happier that Rick is the Hawk QB.

What would tick me off is if JVB came in throwing darts and we shoulda won 12 games, but only won 10 of them because he wasn't allowed to throw darts or they asked him to throw darts on downs they should have run the ball....or they ran out of time because someone called a timeout. And....our defense appeared to have given up instead of adjusting.

That would tick me off and make me second guess.

I personally think KOK needs to be replaced I been saying it for years.That being said EVERY result on the football field is a positive or negative its on KF. He is paid for that judgment. The fact that IOWA has flaws in coaching areas is a given, but I think the positives still way out way the negatives. However I do see how several people are fed up with the same ones repeating themselves.

Latest posts