Question for Jon (or anyone really)

iowahawkeyes89

In your opinion, has there been any drop off in WR production and overall talent this year?

I feel like were easily as good at WR as we were last year, if not better.

I think Keenan Davis has NFL potential.

Exactly, I believe we have the best receiving corps in the Big Ten, and one of the best in the nation.

Mcnutt is the prototypical NFL receiver, and Davis is the same....KMart looks very good too. I don't ever remember Iowa having this much talent at wideout. I suppose when we had Hinkel and Mo Brown maybe. but still....

After yesterday, it seems Vandy has three solid targets. I can't remember the last time that an Iowa team had two WR's over 100 yards and a third with two TD's.

I have been very impressed with Keenan this year. He's had one obvious and very bad drop, but outside of that he's been money. He's made several tough catches so far. I hope he continues what he's started.

McNutt needs more touches. He's so fluid and his hands are glue.

Need to see more of KMM before making too many judgements, but so far so good.

Would like to see TE a little more, but this week trended that direction. I hope another WR or 2 gets a shot.

I don't need to see anymore 2 yard passes (or runs) from Coker. I miss the steady effectiveness of Adam Robinson.

Davis and McNutt appear to be on track to be our best tandem since Jones and Brown.

I cant imagine the kind of numbers DJK has if Vandenburg is throwing to him.

Not Knocking Stanzi but Vandenburg is a gunslinger

I cant imagine the kind of numbers DJK has if Vandenburg is throwing to him.

Not Knocking Stanzi but Vandenburg is a gunslinger

Easy folks. James has struggled for the better part of two games. He was lights out for a quarter and a third yesterday but it does not take away some very poor throws and frankly some terrible reads.

The difference at WR this year is we have three guys that will go up and make plays. DJK was very poor at making an effort unless the ball was spot on. He was not a guy to go up and come down with a poor pass.

wouldn't it be awesome to snag Deborah to help soften up mcnuts absence next season''? I know we have some decent freshmen developing but it'd be nice to get another big recruit like him

Easy folks. James has struggled for the better part of two games. He was lights out for a quarter and a third yesterday but it does not take away some very poor throws and frankly some terrible reads.

The difference at WR this year is we have three guys that will go up and make plays. DJK was very poor at making an effort unless the ball was spot on. He was not a guy to go up and come down with a poor pass.

Agreed. While yesterday's outcome was pleasing and dramatic you also have to remember that it really didn't need to be that dramatic. Vandenberg was locking on his primary receivers and he repeatedly missed people that were wide open. No doubt the kid has a live arm but he still needs work.

bingo.

Latest posts