Question: Do you sit CJ and Let Him Get Healthy?

Hawk90

So do you keep him out of one of the upcoming games and let him recover a little more, and if so which game?

Depends whether his "injury" is the type that can heal over the course of the remainder of the season. Read a lot of speculation that he has a sports hernia, which is consistent with his limited mobility and the coaches calling plays in which it is less likely that he has to run or that he'll take a hit. A sports hernia can take months to heal following surgery, so unless it gets a lot worse, I doubt he sits.

I heard on interviews from coaches, yes KF, yesterday that CJ and others will not be totally healthy until after the season. CJ doesnt look as fast and nimble as he was and it probably affects his throws.

But he showed yesterday he can play.

But he needs to start sliding unless it is a game on the line kind of play.

I also heard Dolph on the radio where he said that Kirk mentioned that CJ won't become 100% healthy until the season is over. Kind of worries me. What exactly is wrong with him? Have heard 3 types of injuries.

If we would have just ran the ball down their throat in the 1st half, instead of getting fancy with passing, we probably could have sat CJ the 4th quarter.

I am beginning to think that CJB;s problems are more mental than physical. He looked like Joel Stave for the past couple weeks. I think the lack of pass protection is making him rush things and throw without getting his feet set, or staring down his first option in Vendeberg. I hope he can get these things straightened out but its tough.

Depends whether his "injury" is the type that can heal over the course of the remainder of the season. Read a lot of speculation that he has a sports hernia, which is consistent with his limited mobility and the coaches calling plays in which it is less likely that he has to run or that he'll take a hit. A sports hernia can take months to heal following surgery, so unless it gets a lot worse, I doubt he sits.
Uh, CJ was specifically asked about the hernia rumor before NW and he specifically shot down that rumor.

I am beginning to think that CJB;s problems are more mental than physical. He looked like Joel Stave for the past couple weeks. I think the lack of pass protection is making him rush things and throw without getting his feet set, or staring down his first option in Vendeberg. I hope he can get these things straightened out but its tough.

Um, no.

Uh, CJ was specifically asked about the hernia rumor before NW and he specifically shot down that rumor.

Not surprising. Doesnt mean it's not true, or at least that he doesn't have some sort of groin tear or serious groin pull. I'm sure the coaches told him not to telegraph where he's injured so Fatty Pitz didn't have his players cheap shot him.

So do you keep him out of one of the upcoming games and let him recover a little more, and if so which game?

A really good question. If Iowa is 11-0 and if an extra week can benefit CJ, I would sit him against Nebraska. Even if we lose on blackfriday, CJ will give us a great chance in the B1G championship. Win the B1G and it will be nearly impossible to leave Iowa (and the entire B1G) out of the playoffs. This does have the slight risk of Iowa dropping two (NE and championship) but worth it...

Are you kidding me?? Are you trolling here? then why is CJ hanging on to the ball too long and taking some sacks. He threw some great passes yesterday , he had a nice long gainer back shoulder throw to T SMith that was raked out of his hands, and guess what, like Eddie P said on soundoff, CJ is long on his deep passes and in a place where they are not picked.

I don't understand what the staff was thinking. CJB is just a stopgap until Rudock gets back from injury.

All the limping CJ is doing means it could be a hip pointer or one of those many small interior groin muscles that when you tear/pull them it is hard to raise your leg well and without pain, the so called hip flexor muscles.

Any doctors on hear who know sports hernias, as someone mentioned if one is minor then pressure wraps can keep them from getting worse but they are still bothersome.

CJ is also making good alignment reads and audibles that Wiegers might not be able to make.

Hard to have T Weigers get his first start at Nebby.

Just knowing how Kirk usually operates, I get the feeling that CJ's problems are the kind that aren't going to get better even if he sits out the next three weeks. But they probably aren't going to get much worse from going out and playing.

The only concern is that he ends up compensating for the injury and hurts himself in a different way. (you know, kind of like when you hurt your hip, so you start walking different to alleviate the pain and soon enough your ankle hurts hurting)

A really good question. If Iowa is 11-0 and if an extra week can benefit CJ, I would sit him against Nebraska. Even if we lose on blackfriday, CJ will give us a great chance in the B1G championship. Win the B1G and it will be nearly impossible to leave Iowa (and the entire B1G) out of the playoffs. This does have the slight risk of Iowa dropping two (NE and championship) but worth it...

One loss Iowa isn't making the playoff. You can't sit him unless he needs to sit.

Why in the name of all that is real would you sit CJ at Nebraska??? If two weeks didn't make him better one more probably won't either. You are willing to risk a perfect 12-0 to get a weeks rest? Has to be a troll; Nebraska with Armstrong at qb in Lincoln will not be as easy as you all think.

if you were going to sit CJ, then MD would have the game to do it. coming off a bye week, at home against a weak team.

No othe week was better than this last one.

Latest posts