Question about rankings

shuman346

I am originally from Cedar Rapids and I've made my adult life in Montana. I watched the NDSU Vs. Montana game like everybody else yesterday. Great game to watch but one I thing I thought of was the Appalachian State win over Michigan. A week later Appalachian was receiving votes in the top 25. I don't really remember hearing about another FCS school garnering votes since that season. Maybe this is a dumb question but why is that? NDSU lost yesterday and I get that but they have won four consecutive national titles. They haven't beaten Michigan but they have beaten several other FBS schools. Thoughts? Answers? I'm not making a case for the Bison. I guess I'm asking if Appalachian taking votes was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to Michigan losing

Last edited:
I think the writers just don't bother. They're just not interested enough and don't follow those teams.

2 cents

NCH

I definitely remember Appalachian getting votes in the top 25. Not a big deal. Just one of those media things. There hasn't been an upset like Appalachian taking down Michigan Since then. Question answered I guess

I definitely remember Appalachian getting votes in the top 25. Not a big deal. Just one of those media things. There hasn't been an upset like Appalachian taking down Michigan Since then. Question answered I guess

They can get votes as long as they have played an FBS team and I don't think pounding ISU garners enough respect to gain votes.

Latest posts