Question about ISU Cancellation

I think it hurts ISU more. They will probably have execution problems early in the game. Hopefully, Iowa can take advantage of it.

Flip side if Iowa doesn’t win we(Iowa fans) that live in the state will never hear the end of it.

This. If Iowa wins, it'll be "gee, they've played a game and we haven't. Shouldn't count."
If ISU, by some miracle, wins...it'll be "Gee, we don't need to play a game first to beat Iowa."

No win, again, for Iowa in this series.

ISU has built in excuses either way. Had they been suspended against Iowa that would have been it. Now if Iowa wins it will because they didn't get to have a game in week 1 and Iowa did.

This is a BS excuse from the get go if used. Plenty of teams play big matchups week 1 in CFB these days.

This. If Iowa wins, it'll be "gee, they've played a game and we haven't. Shouldn't count."
If ISU, by some miracle, wins...it'll be "Gee, we don't need to play a game first to beat Iowa."

No win, again, for Iowa in this series.

Playing ISU has never been a winning proposition for Iowa. I just like the in-state rivalry, fun to f with friends, all that stuff.

This is a BS excuse from the get go if used. Plenty of teams play big matchups week 1 in CFB these days.

Like Michigan. They did not seem to have there no huddle or 2 minute drill offense yet.

But I agree, no reason a good coach cant have their team ready week one.

I want the bastards at full scale! I want to beat their best! Hell play their Cheerleaders if they think it will help! They will have excuses no matter what! We on the other hand have none not to piss pound them! I won't give their drama filled fan base any cannon fodder to say we are whinny! I'm guessing if we hadn't won sat we would be useing our suspensions as an excuse right now.

ISU could really f with us and not announce until kickoff whether or not the suspended players will play, or if some combination will do so.

We could potentially spend half our week preparing for the wrong scenario.

Anyone know if any of the suspended players were in the two deeps or prominent special teams players?

ISU could really f with us and not announce until kickoff whether or not the suspended players will play, or if some combination will do so.

We could potentially spend half our week preparing for the wrong scenario.

Anyone know if any of the suspended players were in the two deeps or prominent special teams players?
They’ve already announced. Suspensions were served.

Canceling their respective games means Nebraska and Iowa State have one less win towards bowl eligibility. Granted both teams are working their way back to relevance, but finding a beatable opponent with an open date that fits their dates is tough.

Imagine they schedule a team. Pay them a big chunk of cash. And lose. And then they miss bowl eligibility by one win.

This sounds like a premise for a football comedy movie.

The wouldn't have been included in the SDSU depth chart, but on the preseason depth chart,

--One was the returning starting center
--One is a 3-year letter winner and was listed as the starter at the "STAR" position, which is essentially a nickel back that helps in run support,
--One was 2nd team DT.

The suspension narrative is going to get old quickly this week. If the roles were reversed and Iowa had a game cancelled, they would treat suspended players the same way. They would be playing against Iowa State too.
I actually honestly, sincerely don't believe Iowa would handle it the same way.

The point of the suspension is for the player to miss a game and only play in 11 games, not watch others play and you sit on the sideline. Since the 12th game is questionable if they thought it was important to be a game if a 12th was scheduled, I would make it the makeup game.
The point is to punish them. The entire team missed this game effectively so they're not being punished. If my child is misbehaving and I tell her she can't go to the movies with the family and then it starts hailing and none of us go and I take all the kids to the movie the next day, the kid in question didn't get punished. That's what happened here.