Purple Kitty beat down thread

Fran has always known the Xs and Os part of the game, now he has the talent to execute. To me, peaking would be a Final Four and national title. There's still a long way to go!

I realize Garza's game doesn't translate into the modern NBA....but there's room somewhere for him
Yeah, its too bad.

Kent Benson and Billy Paultz carved out long NBA careers, but neither would be as effective today. Luka reminds me of both.

Like Roy Marble, Luka would have thrived in the 1970's, pre Michael 80's NBA.

Iowa is a offensive machine right now, teams have to shoot exceptionally well just to keep up. Can NW continue to shoot the 3 in the second half? I
Thats an interesting point.

Teams feel pressed to keep up with out offensive juggernaut, start quick shooting three's, and the misses only fuel our transition game.

How many times this year has a six, eight point lead quickly ballooned up to sixteen, eighteen?

Tomorrow's Newspaper Headlines:

"Full Bluntal Nunge-ity"

"Cats Cradled"

"Fran Fine"

"Purple Haze In Evanston"

"Hawks Invoke Reserve Clause, Use Bench To Rock Kitties"

I remember that 2002 Iowa football team. What a great team and great year. To a man, they all say that the loss to Iowa State really galvanized the team.

The loss to Gonzaga may have shown them their need to play better defense, but IMHO, that loss to MN hurt them more. Made them truly realize just what was at stake and I think their defense has been much better since then.

Sometimes, suffering a defeat like that MN loss can actually make you a better team. We all know the Hawks can score with anyone, ESPECIALLY now that Jbo’s shot is falling. Ratcheting up the defense is what will get them a B1G championship. Maybe at the end of the year we will look back and point to the MM game as the loss that really propelled the team toward bigger things.

Latest posts