Purdue Two-Deeps

CPHAWK82

ByJjy4qIMAAGVmN.jpg

That doesn't mean anything. If JR is only slightly injured, KF needs to make Purdon't have to game plan for 2 qb's. That is the smart thing to do.

An interesting angle would be Rudock starts Saturday and tears it up. 2 weeks of opinions coming from all directions at that point.

An interesting angle would be Rudock starts Saturday and tears it up. 2 weeks of opinions coming from all directions at that point.

A BETTER angle would be Jake getting rested if his knee is tweaked again. Given our low margin for error, team-wise/overall, staying with the momentum of CJ and resting Jake is the best bet.

But...IF he starts and tears it up, don't worry , the anti-KF crowd will say it's "just" Purdue.

What cj did should be deservingof at least half the snaps saturday if not starting.

I'm sorry but he does things JR can't and is way more confident in the pocket.

Last week Canzeri was third on the depth chart at RB and he ended up starting and getting the first carry of the game. KF doesnt really care who is listed on the depth chart. My guess is they just put it out and they havent decided who is starting yet.

Rudock should be listed as the starter, tbh, but Beathard should start. Why tip your hand to an opponent?

Fine with this.
Purdue will have to prepare for both starters. With one QB you put 9 in the box and shut down the short passing game. The other QB....well let's just say it's not as easy to game plan for.

A BETTER angle would be Jake getting rested if his knee is tweaked again. Given our low margin for error, team-wise/overall, staying with the momentum of CJ and resting Jake is the best bet.

But...IF he starts and tears it up, don't worry , the anti-KF crowd will say it's "just" Purdue.

Yeah, playing Beathard this week and "resting" Rudock would be the best thing for this team right now. Carry the momentum over ride that wave. However, I think it's just a hip bruise for Rudock and not his knee....could be wrong.

Yeah, playing Beathard this week and "resting" Rudock would be the best thing for this team right now. Carry the momentum over ride that wave. However, I think it's just a hip bruise for Rudock and not his knee....could be wrong.

The sideline reporter and booth guys mentioned knee first, IIRC.

Either way, resting Jake takes a little pressure off CJB. Only thing that takes him off field is injury, so go for the kill-shot each and every series.

Anyone that melts down over this standard issue two deep is misguided. KF can keep PU guessing on the QB position this way, and that is good. CJ will get the snaps in practice as Jake rehabs, and KF can play CJ without having to actually displace the injured Jake. Then we have a week off, and Jake can get 100%, and they can compete for the job....unless CJ lights it up vs PU. Relax, Hawk fans...