Purdue Head Coach Fired

Iowa was the straw that broke the camels back. Overheard at the firing, "Kirk did everything to help you take the lead and you STILL looked like a chump!!"

Last edited:
I guess if you want to let other coaches know early there is an opening so be it but only 5 games to go.

Its one of those things about college football that sometimes a good head coach takes a job where it is tough to win or where the administration doesn't care about football. So a great coach like Hazell can't wind up fired for not winning enough when he was doing a good job with what he had.

Maybe the coaches getting fired after we play them is kinda like sympathy pains. They are trying to relate to the Iowa fan base. "Here maybe this will help. We will fire our coach and give you hope that these things really do happen in real life."

The question is, do they or did they have feelers out for a replacement? Or do they truly feel "well, it can't get worse".

In Purdue's case, they may not have anywhere to go but up. But with Indiana looking to be on the rise, and competing with both them and ND for in state or regional talent....

Ugh, what a crap position to be in.

Does PJ Fleck even want the Purdue job? I am guessing he is the first guy they call.

Whenever I hear of someone being fired, I feel bad. Then I remember he probably got more in his buyout than I will make in the next 5 years of working. Poor him.

Latest posts