PTL Update 7/22

does he have a hook or 10-15 ft jumper...or is it all dunks and put backs?

He actually just put in a 15 footer. I missed some of the 1st half unfortunately, so I'm not sure where all of his points came from. But from what I've seen he has had quite a few buckets off of post moves. I have to admit I'm impressed with how much his footwork has improved.

Ol' Mac McCausland can't stop talking about him.

Gesell's team won. White's team got their first win of the PTL season as well(over Woodbury's team).

Olaseni looked really good in the first half.

That was really the first time I had seen him. It was kind of the opposite of what I expected. His touch around the basket is fantastic, Hes got good moves he elevated over Cole and Basabe with ease and got his shot off at will.

His defense was not very good though, anytime Cole bodied him he just gave way. He really needs to learn how to be more physical.

He really looks like a natural on offense.

Olaseni looked really good in the first half.

That was really the first time I had seen him. It was kind of the opposite of what I expected. His touch around the basket is fantastic, Hes got good moves he elevated over Cole and Basabe with ease and got his shot off at will.

His defense was not very good though, anytime Cole bodied him he just gave way. He really needs to learn how to be more physical.

He really looks like a natural on offense.

Woodbury who?

I was at the game. First I've been able to make it to. A few thoughts.

Olaseni: Had a very good shot. When he can get to his spots and elevate he is hard to stop. I imagine this will be scouted out by other teams, however. Then again, the fact that teams might have to scout for Olaseni is big improvement over last year.

Cole: Got into a duel with Olaseni all game. The first half belonged to Olaseni, the second half to Cole. Like someone said, Cole was able to brute force his way to layups a lot.

Basabe: Played well. Was the big reason his team won.

Gesell: More athletic than I thought he would be, and taller. He was doing dunks in warmups that made Cole grimace (in a good way). He was pretty quiet scoring but played a solid floor game, keeping his head up and probing the defense. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a lot of assists.

Marble: I think their point guard may have been gone, so he had to be the playmaker. He was swarmed the whole game and was pretty quiet.

Uthoff: Could use some polish, but looks good. I wish he was playing this year.

McCabe: Played the way he always does, even in a summer league game, and that's not a bad thing. Led the team in floor burns.

Woodbury: Could use some seasoning, but played pretty well. Fights for position and finds open perimeter shooters as good as anybody I saw today. He also got mugged quite a few times with no calls, another part of summer league that people generally don't see unless they are there.

Meyer: Had some good moves. Has the makings of being a good player.

White: Was bottled up by the other team's defense much of the game, but still managed to score by getting to the line.

Oglesby: Solid from three. About what you would expect. Had a few nice drives.

Clemmons: OK. Got his pocket picked a few times by a faster guard.

May: Actually had a really solid game. Elevated for medium-range jump shots well, was effective in transition. Then he disappeared for long stretches of the game.

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
Gabe has outplayed him the entire summer. End of story.

I could really see Olesani starting after seeing him tonight. But he plays in such a different way from Woodbury I think they both have something to bring to the table either way. Coach McCaffery could even play them together if he wanted.

Latest posts