PTL Draft

Rumor has it as follows:
1.) Uthoff
2.) Gessell
3.) White
4.) Marble
If true, we must have a genius of a coach that got the #1 selection. WOW.

BasketballMan, maybe it's just me but I don't "get" any of your posts.

In 2001, Michael Jordan was the President of the Washington Wizards. He picked Kwame Brown with the #1 overall pick in the draft that year. Needless to say, Mr Brown didn't exactly have much of an NBA career by all accounts, and was a bust at the #1 pick. Whereas that draft was not the strongest in the history of the NBA, it certainly did not warrant Brown as the #1 pick. The same "joke" is being made this year with Jordan owning the #2 pick in this years draft. God know what he's gonna do with it.

I'm not sure how a PTL coach selects Uthoff, an unproven player at the D1 level, over guys like Marble, White, Basabe, etc.

Call me an idiot. Just my opinion.

Stormin, Uthoff just called me and wants to know why your reaction wasnt as excited as when the 2010 results...please edit your post

Thanks

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/11209-ptl-draft.html

Safe to say the top 8 picks of this year will be better talent than 2 years ago...wow look at that list.

HA!

I beat you to the punch by about two hours, sucker.

https://twitter.com/storminspank/status/213053580704350209

"Let's not forget Cougill was a one time first overall pick for the PTL, as well."

Stiles has the complete list:

Uthoff taken first overall in PTL draft HawkeyeDrive.com HawkeyeDrive.com

HAWKEYES IN THE PTL (team in parentheses):
1st (overall pick) — Jarrod Uthoff (Merchants/Gatens)
2nd — Mike Gesell (Armstrong/Skogman)
3rd — Aaron White (Culver’s/Ready Mix)
4th — Devyn Marble (Pelling/McCurry’s)
6th — Eric May (Culver’s/Ready Mix)
7th — Melsahn Basabe (Armstrong/Skogman)
8th — Zach McCabe (Merchants/Gatens)
9th — Adam Woodbury (Merchants/Gatens)
10th — Jarryd Cole* (Armstrong/Skogman)
12th — Gabe Olaseni (Pelling/McCurry’s)
14th — Anthony Clemmons (Culver’s/Ready Mix)
16th — Josh Oglesby (Merchants/Gatens)
18th — Kyle Meyer (Armstrong/Skogman)
26th — Darius Stokes (Armstrong/Skogman)
* indicates former Iowa player

Randy says he took Uthoff because he had him two years ago and loved him. That he's a Gordon Hayward type of player and also because it's his homecoming.

(Click on the link above for an audio interview with Randy by Stiles)

Why the hell would someone go to the trouble of writing an article on the PTL and then not list the 5th player taken just because its not a player on the team?

I'm surprised that Stokes was picked so low. A good friend of mine that used to post here under the name Herby told me that Stokes was going to have a breakout year and compete for a starting spot. I thought for sure that if he was that improved, he would surely be a top-5 pick.

Latest posts