PTL Changes

The quality of basketball being played in the PTL is barely above play ground. These games might help shooting in live action but otherwise I do not see much gaining from playing in the PTL. I think the Hawks would benefit from extra practices and scrimmages playing against each other and learning Frans system.

sorry, I should elaborate. I was typing on my iphone. The coaches will use the max allowed contact time and players are still going to play ball outside of that allowed time so might as well be in an organized league rather than a true pick-up game with no officials, coaches or league structure.

This still offers the opportunity for Iowa fans to get seven games to check out our new players and current players,which is great.

I think they will play plenty of ball together during the summer in the practice facility,but these are fun showcase events for the fans,which is still important.
The extra time with the coaches is really nice with this very young Iowa team needing all the guidance possible.

I think this is a good solution that helps to maintain interest in Iowa bb over the summer while still keeping the fundamental training of Iowa players intact.

Randy Larsen on Balbinott and Brommelkamp (1600 KGYM) in the 6:00 PM hour today to discuss for those who are interested. They do podcast the show after on the web site.

Homepage - KGYM

The new changes should really help the Iowa program. It will give the Iowa coaches a lot of extra time with Olesani and Woodbury. The center position seems to have the greatest need of development. It should be exciting how it all pans out next year.

"05-07-2012 02:28 PMJonDMiller
It's better for Iowa players to scrimmage themselves and former Iowa players in the practice facility than it is to play in the PTL as it stands. IMO"

They have been doing that the last few off seasons in addition to the PTL too. Not much seems to be changing here other than not playing at night.

Latest posts