PSU players staying?

BergHawk7

Why would anyone want to stay? the articles that I read keep saying how alot of players have declared their allegance to penn st. And that they will tough it out and stay. GUYS!!! Theres nothing to play for!!! O'brians pitch to stay is only that they will get to play in a huge stadium and NFL exposure. You can get nfl exposure anywhere else besides PSU. Ya im probably speaking to soon, but why would any of those players want to stay and not compete for any type of championship?

For now they are. Lets see when all of the emotion from "the whole us against the world" mentality wears off and they finally realize what they face. There will be a mass exodus at some point from Penn State.

If you are a senior and are #1 on the depth chart, why would you leave? You have one month to find a new school, transfer, actually move to the new school, start practicing, and win the starting job. You could easily end up on the bench.

I would bet most juniors and seniors stay, but a lot of the young guys are gone.

For now they are. Lets see when all of the emotion from "the whole us against the world" mentality wears off and they finally realize what they face. There will be a mass exodus at some point from Penn State.

They have one month for it to wear off and mass transfer. I don't see it happening.

If you are a senior and are #1 on the depth chart, why would you leave? You have one month to find a new school, transfer, actually move to the new school, start practicing, and win the starting job. You could easily end up on the bench.

I would bet most juniors and seniors stay, but a lot of the young guys are gone.

I agree with this, that is going to be a huge transition for most of the upperclassmen. I just don't see the mass exodus with the older guys, younger kids, of course, most will move on.

My nephew who plays for uni (which makes him closer to the action than I) has said that word has it that a lot of the players are actually anxious to get out of there. he didnt elaborate nor provide any specifics. FWIW.

Also, take into consideration if some of these kids are from the state of Pennsylvania. Just like a kid growing up in Iowa and always wanting to play for the Hawks. Sometimes it is not all about playing for championships. Maybe some of them feel a sense of loyalty to the school. Maybe they are upperclassmen? Maybe, dare I say, they actually like going to school at PSU ... Unless we are in their shoes it is hard to critize any player for staying or leaving.

Why would anyone want to stay? the articles that I read keep saying how alot of players have declared their allegance to penn st. And that they will tough it out and stay. GUYS!!! Theres nothing to play for!!! O'brians pitch to stay is only that they will get to play in a huge stadium and NFL exposure. You can get nfl exposure anywhere else besides PSU. Ya im probably speaking to soon, but why would any of those players want to stay and not compete for any type of championship?

Pardon me, but this is just a terrible, terrible attitude. And we judge other programs for their win-at-all-costs mentality? Of course there is something to play for-- actually, there are lots of things. They are called pride, community, the love of the game, the relationships you build, the fun of competition, the desire to improve and push yourself. That stuff doesn't all go out the window just because you don't get a chance to go to the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl. In fact, not worrying about all of that bowl crap might make the other stuff a little more meaningful.

Pardon me, but this is just a terrible, terrible attitude. And we judge other programs for their win-at-all-costs mentality? Of course there is something to play for-- actually, there are lots of things. They are called pride, community, the love of the game, the relationships you build, the fun of competition, the desire to improve and push yourself. That stuff doesn't all go out the window just because you don't get a chance to go to the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl. In fact, not worrying about all of that bowl crap might make the other stuff a little more meaningful.

So then put penn st in the independant conf. So they can play.for pride and desire and community and love all they want. The other teams actually are competing for a championship. All PSU is doing will be playing spoiler, adding an unneccesary loss to teams they beat.

All bowl games except the championship are just meaningless exhibitions so there odds of playing an actual meaningful game aren't much better at any other school.

My nephew who plays for uni (which makes him closer to the action than I) has said that word has it that a lot of the players are actually anxious to get out of there. he didnt elaborate nor provide any specifics. FWIW.

No offense, but how does this make him any closer? He plays for UNI, not Iowa, Michigan St., Ohio St., etc.

So then put penn st in the independant conf. So they can play.for pride and desire and community and love all they want. The other teams actually are competing for a championship. All PSU is doing will be playing spoiler, adding an unneccesary loss to teams they beat.

Boo-freaking-hoo.

So, uh, don't lose to them?

Can players transfer at any point, (without penalty) just this year or all 4 yrs? So for instance, can someone test it out this year but then leave next yr with no penalty?

Can players transfer at any point, (without penalty) just this year or all 4 yrs? So for instance, can someone test it out this year but then leave next yr with no penalty?

I keep hearing radio guys say they can transfer at any point. But that seriously sounds crazy to me.

Latest posts