PSU: NCAA poised to drop hammer hard

I think that's a pretty good penalty. Limits the harm to any other university and allows the student/athletes to transfer. However 4 year bowl ban is going to destroy recruiting along with the scholarship loss.

Agree, I think the NCAA was right in their punishment.

Wow...vacating a lot of wins. 1998-2011.

Yeah, but the whole "vacating wins" thing is meaningless. The games already happened and the fans and players experienced the wins (as well as the benefits..like bowl games). And the teams that beat don't get anything back...like the revenue or experience. they might have from a better bowl game.

Meaningless.

Yeah, but the whole "vacating wins" thing is meaningless. The games already happened and the fans and players experienced the wins (as well as the benefits..like bowl games). And the teams that beat don't get anything back...like the revenue or experience. they might have from a better bowl game.

Meaningless.

Um, it takes Joe out of the record books. Gives them no Big Ten Championships.

Far from meaningless.

Wow...vacating a lot of wins. 1998-2011.
Yeah, but the whole "vacating wins=" thing is meaningless. The games already happened and the fans and players experienced the wins (as well as the benefits..like bowl games). And the teams that beat don't get anything back...like the revenue or experience. they might have from a better bowl game.Meaningless.
=

I agree...meaningless, but that joepa is stricken from record books.

Meaningless.

+1.... NCAA dropped the ball on this IMO

If the coaching staff doesn't get at least two starting D Linemen out of this, they will have failed.

I'm hoping for this but I doubt we get any. The S$C is going to be all over them along with the top programs in the country. Kirk's ties to Joe Pa aren't going to help much.

Latest posts