PSU Game predictions

too many of Stanley's passes will be off the mark,

This. If he doesn't get his feet pointed in the direction of the pass, he strong-arms it and A) it's a thousand miles per hour at the receivers' back shoulders, or B) a late release into the turf four yards behind the receiver. The dropped balls by receivers are largely because they aren't hit in stride. He throws a beautiful fade though.

This. If he doesn't get his feet pointed in the direction of the pass, he strong-arms it and A) it's a thousand miles per hour at the receivers' back shoulders, or B) a late release into the turf four yards behind the receiver. The dropped balls by receivers are largely because they aren't hit in stride. He throws a beautiful fade though.
I think Stanley is his own worst enemy here. He is so studious that he overthinks.

Last season, he was under criticism for not putting enough air under the ball, and, now, he has a tendency to put too much air. On the shorter routes, he has a tendency to "aim" his passes (again, thinking too much). He needs to just trust his instincts, see the route, and let it go. Grip it and rip it. It's on the receivers to adapt to the velocity.

Why is everyone so worried? Joe Moorehead is no longer OC. Ricky Rahney hasn’t put a player in motion all year. Their most dangerous players are McSorley, Sanders, and Hamler. Juwann Johnson has not been a major factor this season. Their kicking game has been abysmal. Receivers have been dropping the ball and McSorley hasn’t been throwing deep. Their defense has been gashed via the run all season. They lost 2 games at home to 2 teams,(OSU,MSU) that aren’t really that good. They let Indiana put up over 500 yds. on them, a team we totally dismantled. Only chance PSU has is if they keep this game close. I don’t think weather will affect this game at all. They have tarped their field to keep it dry and the rain is supposed to subside by game time. This game won’t even be close. Iowa destroys PSU ala last years OSU game. This will be Iowa’s statement game. This is a team where BF will keep the pedal down until the final whistle blows. PSU gets their come uppance and deservedly so. Let the Revenge Tour begin!

Penn State's scoring numbers are really deceiving. Sure they are averaging 42 points a game, but putting up 60 a few times against Illinois, Pitt, etc...doesn't really tell the story. The only really good defensive team they have faced (Michigan State), shut them down.

Any Penn State team at home is going to be a difficult out. I think it comes down to Nate Stanley. If we get good Nate Stanley, who hits open receivers and makes good reads, we win. It's as simple as that. Our defense will keep us in the game...we just need to score 28 to win this.

Iowa wins 28 -17. A PSU fan questions Franklin as he leaves the field, then jumps in the stands and beats that fan to a bloody pulp. Sunday morning, it's announced Franklin is no longer the head coach at PSU.
Umm....we're talking about Pedo St. Sunday morning, the slew of excuses and irrational defense of Frankin's behavior will ensue. Followed by the wildest, lengthiest stretch of conspiracy theories known to man kind.
Everything from "Franklin saw the bomb that the terrorist was going to detonate and pounced" to "that was a PITT fan disguised as one of us and he called Franklin the "n" word, so...he got what was coming to him".

I don't even want to try and predict this game. I want to say 20-19 type of score, one way or the other....but I could easily see a 40-13 type of loss. This is one of those pivotal points in the season and I don't want to get my hopes up.

I don't even want to try and predict this game. I want to say 20-19 type of score, one way or the other....but I could easily see a 40-13 type of loss. This is one of those pivotal points in the season and I don't want to get my hopes up.
Or a 40-13 win. I really feel we are by far the better team. We’ll see.

Latest posts