Pryor

When I watch him I find myself wondering "Is he really a good QB or is he just a good athlete playing QB with a lot of talent around him?"

Dinardo is right... OSU will get beat if they can't manage to establish a running game outside of Pryor. So far against Illannoy he already has over 100 yds but I don't think anyone else has more than 10. Pryor is just incredibly confusing to me. He makes big plays look easy. You almost think to yourself that anyone could have just made that play which probably isn't the case a lot of times. As far as passing goes, I honestly don't think he has improved as much as the Buckeye fans think he has. He has had all day in the pocket and the Illini defense completely blew their coverage on both of his TD passes today. His interception that he threw was a vintage Pryor mistake.

Maybe he likes to keep people wondering because he certainly hasn't taken the step up to a level that assures you he's the greatest player in college football like a lot of people claim.

When I watch him I find myself wondering "Is he really a good QB or is he just a good athlete playing QB with a lot of talent around him?"

Dinardo is right... OSU will get beat if they can't manage to establish a running game outside of Pryor. So far against Illannoy he already has over 100 yds but I don't think anyone else has more than 10. Pryor is just incredibly confusing to me. He makes big plays look easy. You almost think to yourself that anyone could have just made that play which probably isn't the case a lot of times. As far as passing goes, I honestly don't think he has improved as much as the Buckeye fans think he has. He has had all day in the pocket and the Illini defense completely blew their coverage on both of his TD passes today. His interception that he threw was a vintage Pryor mistake.

Maybe he likes to keep people wondering because he certainly hasn't taken the step up to a level that assures you he's the greatest player in college football like a lot of people claim.

I tend to agree I don't think he's improved his passing skills as much as the Buckeye faithful believe he has. That pick towards the end of the first half was evidence enough of that as the dback simply stepped in front of the receiver.

I found myself thinking "Jeesh if I had that much time to sit in the pocket and wait for a receiver to come open, I could make those throws." The guy continues to make amazing plays with his feet, which will continue to carry them. But no way this guy makes it in the NFL. Absolutely no way, unless he converts to like a Brad Smith role with the Jets

I was laughing with a buddy at the series where he missed a WIDE open WR in the endzone followed by a zipped pass over the middle to nobody. Then on 3rd down he took a sack that knocked them out of field goal range. THEN his next throw is a pick. Well done.

I agree he absolutely will not make it as an NFL QB. He has all the physical ability in the world. This is horrible to say but I just don't think he's smart enough. It's critical in the NFL for a QB to get into a rhythm and take what the defense gives you. He's far from being able to do that. OSU's offense scores when they get big plays... if they don't get a big play they don't move the ball. If they don't move the ball then Pryor begins to press for the big play a little to much which can lead to dumb mistakes. He'll play pro ball but not as a starting QB. Maybe take some snaps in a wildcat system but he'll most likely play the most ball at the WR position.

I agree he absolutely will not make it as an NFL QB. He has all the physical ability in the world. This is horrible to say but I just don't think he's smart enough. It's critical in the NFL for a QB to get into a rhythm and take what the defense gives you. He's far from being able to do that. OSU's offense scores when they get big plays... if they don't get a big play they don't move the ball. If they don't move the ball then Pryor begins to press for the big play a little to much which can lead to dumb mistakes. He'll play pro ball but not as a starting QB. Maybe take some snaps in a wildcat system but he'll most likely play the most ball at the WR position.

He is a product of Jim Tressel. OSU has not put QBs in the league that turn out to be greatly successful. That's just the way it is. I think he had as much physical ability as Vince Young but he was never in a system where he could develop those skills.

And the backup throws a pick.

I've never thought Pryor was a great QB. Very good, yes, but not great. He definitely has the physical tools to be a great one but I think he has always relied so much on his great athleticism that he has not developed his skillset enough to become a truly great QB.

The lack of offense OSU showed on their two series without Pryor just shows why I've never been a big fan of the running QB and basing your offense on him. Truly great running QB's are rare and having someone to back him up if he goes down is even rarer. It just changes your offense so much when he is not there.

And he's back.

The funny thing is, he has all kinds of time but he still looks incredibly awkward and uncomfortable in the pocket.

Just doesn't look natural.

I still think he could of been an All American type WR.

Latest posts