Pryor and others suspended 5 games next year

This is awesome! I live in Columbus and absolutely can't wait to rub this into everyones face here! It is absolutely ridiculous that they are letting them play in the Sugar Bowl! The arrogant fan base out here are actually calling in to sports talk radio and saying this is not a big deal and that the NCAA is out to get OSU! What a joke!

Pryor will test off the charts but his game tapes and interviews will also be the huge factors in where he is drafted.

It will be tough to evaluate a TE or WR who is at QB in all of those game tapes. Can he run routes and block? Will he agree to do so in private workouts?

Could be drafted as an emergency QB while at the same time training him at WR/TE.

At this point it is not realistic to think he will be a starting QB at the NFL level.

You need to take off your OSU glasses. There is not a chance in hell Pryor goes in the 1st or 2nd round. Guys like him are not NFL QBs. Tebow only in the first round because one coach had a hard on for him. Tebow will be a bust like VY is and like Pryor will be. He'll be a 5th round pick and be used as a backup TE.
wrong-o. Wager?

Pryor will test off the charts but his game tapes and interviews will also be the huge factors in where he is drafted.

It will be tough to evaluate a TE or WR who is at QB in all of those game tapes. Can he run routes and block? Will he agree to do so in private workouts?

Could be drafted as an emergency QB while at the same time training him at WR/TE.

At this point it is not realistic to think he will be a starting QB at the NFL level.

Have you not paid any attention to the NFL draft? Do the names Derrius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, and Colt McCoy ring any bells (just a VERY small sampling from the past few years)?

Two of those guys tested off the charts (see: ridiculous 40-yard dash times), and parlayed their combine into 1st round selections. Nevermind the fact that both had average hands, took plays off, and couldn't block (as evidenced on film). McCoy, on the other hand, didn't wow anyone with his "measurables", and scouts had a wealth of on-film performances that should have screamed "THIS KID IS A PLAYER!!!!". He was picked in the 3rd round, and now the Browns look pretty smart for picking him up.

There will ALWAYS be at least one NFL franchise that is a sucker for the "workout warrior", and will ignore what's on film. And because of that, Pryor will be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Not because he should be, but because somebody will fall for his athleticism.

So let me get this straight. Next year when we look back at this the only thing this suspension will do is essentially help a few guys decide if they want to sit 5 games or enter the draft early. If I'm an amazing collegiate athlete I definitely learned a valuable lesson. When in doubt whether or not to enter the draft early, simply commit a violation and see what the punishment will be for the next season and then decide based on the looming suspension.

Have you not paid any attention to the NFL draft? Do the names Derrius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, and Colt McCoy ring any bells (just a VERY small sampling from the past few years)?

Two of those guys tested off the charts (see: ridiculous 40-yard dash times), and parlayed their combine into 1st round selections. Nevermind the fact that both had average hands, took plays off, and couldn't block (as evidenced on film). McCoy, on the other hand, didn't wow anyone with his "measurables", and scouts had a wealth of on-film performances that should have screamed "THIS KID IS A PLAYER!!!!". He was picked in the 3rd round, and now the Browns look pretty smart for picking him up.

There will ALWAYS be at least one NFL franchise that is a sucker for the "workout warrior", and will ignore what's on film. And because of that, Pryor will be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Not because he should be, but because somebody will fall for his athleticism.

Did you pay attention to my post? I didn't say he wouldn't get drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. I just said more goes into it that just the combine and that I thought he wouldn't be an NFL QB.

wrong-o. Wager?

maybe troy smith will bet with you?
oh wait, that's right he's finally 'starting'
for one of the worst teams in the league, with an incompetent, lame-duck coaching staff, playing for nothing except the possibility of a high draft pick that will...wait for it...be used to replace him
*cough* Andrew Luck *cough*
yeah, that's our heisman hero from that renowned QB factory in clodumbus
and that's the one who actually won a (hotly disputed...PI call...) nat'l championship
prior ain't even in the conversation
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
wrong-o. Wager?

Eric Crouch was a better QB than Pryor, and just as fast.

You'll lose your bet. Pryor will be an NFL flameout. He's too stupid to learn another position, and he sure as hell won't be playing QB. In case you haven't noticed, the NFL prizes accuracy uber alles.

maybe troy smith will bet with you?
oh wait, that's right he's finally 'starting'
for one of the worst teams in the league, with an incompetent, lame-duck coaching staff, playing for nothing except the possibility of a high draft pick that will...wait for it...be used to replace him
*cough* Andrew Luck *cough*
yeah, that's our heisman hero from that renowned QB factory in clodumbus
and that's the one who actually won a (hotly disputed...PI call...) nat'l championship
prior ain't even in the conversation
:confused:
Ok a few things. You are obviously a "slow adult", so I'll type slowly for you and spell it out so you can understand it.. There are so many errors in your post that is almost gotta be some sort of joke. The 49ers are 1 game out of 1st place in their division so they are playing for a little more than a high draft pick. The 49ers have 0% to draft Luck because their record isn't at the bottom of the NFL (that's how draft picks are determined). I don't know where clodumbus is but Troy Smith isn't from there....lol. Troy Smith wasn't the QB when OSU won the national title, Craig Krenzel was. I understand your memory is probably failing be up there in age but try to keep up. P.S. It's spelled "Pryor" not prior.....hahahahahaha

What would the NCAA have done if all the suspended players were Seniors and they didn't have next year to hold over them?

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually think making them eligible to play in the bowl is the right thing to do. There's more to think about than just punishing the players involved. How would you like to be one of the 80,000 people that purchased tickets to the Sugar Bowl to watch Arkansas vs tOSU backups?

Ok a few things. You are obviously a "slow adult", so I'll type slowly for you and spell it out so you can understand it.. There are so many errors in your post that is almost gotta be some sort of joke. The 49ers are 1 game out of 1st place in their division so they are playing for a little more than a high draft pick. The 49ers have 0% to draft Luck because their record isn't at the bottom of the NFL (that's how draft picks are determined). I don't know where clodumbus is but Troy Smith isn't from there....lol. Troy Smith wasn't the QB when OSU won the national title, Craig Krenzel was. I understand your memory is probably failing be up there in age but try to keep up. P.S. It's spelled "Pryor" not prior.....hahahahahaha

Fuf, pls re-mount your ridiculous argument about the relative quality of the SF49ers, now that they have been officially eliminated from playoff contention (5 games under .500). I stand by my original assertion that they are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Prove me wrong.
Also pls elaborate on what a stud pro QB troy "you bet your azz I took booster money, b!tch" smith is going to be some day. Also identify when "some day" will be.
poohio state is a fraud. Ryan Mallett is going to work your weak-azz defense like a rented mule.
Cheaters.

Terrell Pryor will not go in the 1st or 2nd round. He is a terribly inaccurate QB. People siting Tebow as an example is off base imo. Tebow got drafted that high simply because Josh McDaniels reached big time on him. Cost McDaniels his job as he could have drafted a player at a more pressing position, maybe one that could've helped the Broncos during the year. Heck he could have drafted Dez Bryant. Also the other aspect that many are forgetting is that Tebow's character played into his draft position big time! Pryor will be a 3rd round type QB, if in fact that is what GM's draft him as. I've been saying it for 3 years and I'll continue now, Ricky Stanzi is by far and away a better pro prospect at the QB positon than Mr. Pryor.

Fuf, pls re-mount your ridiculous argument about the relative quality of the SF49ers, now that they have been officially eliminated from playoff contention (5 games under .500). I stand by my original assertion that they are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Prove me wrong.
Also pls elaborate on what a stud pro QB troy "you bet your azz I took booster money, b!tch" smith is going to be some day. Also identify when "some day" will be.
poohio state is a fraud. Ryan Mallett is going to work your weak-azz defense like a rented mule.
Cheaters.
I didn't say the 9ers were great, but they had a chance to go to the playoffs until today. Also never said Troy Smith was going to be a stud pro QB. Show me that post. In one post you were able to show you knew nothing about pro or college football, that is impressive. OSU's "weak-azz" defense finished at or near the top in all relevant defensive categories, so again you are woefully incorrect. Keep posting however, you are bound to get something correct eventually....

I didn't say the 9ers were great, but they had a chance to go to the playoffs until today. Also never said Troy Smith was going to be a stud pro QB. Show me that post. In one post you were able to show you knew nothing about pro or college football, that is impressive. OSU's "weak-azz" defense finished at or near the top in all relevant defensive categories, so again you are woefully incorrect. Keep posting however, you are bound to get something correct eventually....

whoo pig sooey!
nice backpeddle; who taught you how to ride a unicycle?

Latest posts