Provin it

deanvogs

Ok, so I am in total prove it to me mode with Iowa BB this year. Nice win, unexpected win really. Lets see if the Hawks can take this win and build on it. The defense was much improved tonight, but we still just have way too many silly turnovers. The crazy thing is we didn't turn it over when they were pressuring at the end like crazy, but did earlier in the game. After hitting 8 3's in the first half, Iowa cooled off considerably in the second half, but were nearly flawless from the free throw line.

With the tough early schedule, we should know what kind of team we have in the next 3 weeks. So far Iowa is 1-0 vs the 6 P6 teams they are facing in the next 3 weeks.

Garza had the quietest 12 points I’ve ever seen.

Cook was aggressive and probably too much so at points because he had some stupid turnovers, but I liked that he was hitting the glass hard. Still needs to get down in the post a little more than we saw tonight.

Bohannon still shaking off some of the rust from injury but he was solid. We did play some man to begin both halfs and he looked decent on defense. The shot will come, we know that.

Weiskamp had a tough night, but he’s level headed out there and plays with confidence. Great learning experience for him.

Moss played well in limited minutes.

Kriener played really well and used his added strength to push Bol Bol around.

Connor played very well and I was impressed. I’ve had my doubts on him but he does appear to settle Iowa down a bit.

Everyone contributed. Shout out to Riley Till who gave us some quality minutes as well.

Garza had the quietest 12 points I’ve ever seen.

Cook was aggressive and probably too much so at points because he had some stupid turnovers, but I liked that he was hitting the glass hard. Still needs to get down in the post a little more than we saw tonight.

Bohannon still shaking off some of the rust from injury but he was solid. We did play some man to begin both halfs and he looked decent on defense. The shot will come, we know that.

Weiskamp had a tough night, but he’s level headed out there and plays with confidence. Great learning experience for him.

Moss played well in limited minutes.

Kriener played really well and used his added strength to push Bol Bol around.

Connor played very well and I was impressed. I’ve had my doubts on him but he does appear to settle Iowa down a bit.

Everyone contributed. Shout out to Riley Till who gave us some quality minutes as well.

Great points. Iowa really didn’t play all that great. What they did great tonight was hustle and bust ass on D, and hit their FT. Wasn’t a great shooting night for Iowa from the field, and as I said they still had too many turnovers.

It was nice win . Oregon won’t finish the year in the top 25 and I doubt they make the dance . They will struggle in conference play .

If you would have told me that Cook and Bo would pretty much be held in check I would have figured a double digit loss.

The defense looked much improved. The ducks looked confused out there on offense as if they were wondering where was the Iowa team they studied on film from last year. Why weren’t the plays open like they should have been from last years film.

I am still a little sceptical and a part of me thinks that the ducks are very young team and a tad over ranked. Still it was a nice win. Win the next one and I might start getting a little excited for this team.

It was nice win . Oregon won’t finish the year in the top 25 and I doubt they make the dance . They will struggle in conference play .

Ahh idk two of their players could carry their team. Theyre not always going to shoot like this. Pac12 is top heavy. Bol bol gets more consistent theyll have no trouble making tounry.

Great points. Iowa really didn’t play all that great. What they did great tonight was hustle and bust ass on D, and hit their FT. Wasn’t a great shooting night for Iowa from the field, and as I said they still had too many turnovers.

So true. It wasnt like they played some flawless game that will be hard to replicate. They just got after it for 40 minutes like you're supposed to. That alone is enough to have an average year instead of a historically bad one. Start making shots at a higher clip and quit with stupid turnovers and they could be good.

Of course there is plenty of time to quit trying and tank too....

Was anybody else laughing their ass off everytime Bol Bol ran to the bench with cramps? He looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie everytime he did that.

Oregon is going to have a great year. They are pretty young and just feeling their way around right now. Iowa had a lot of hustle, but they didn't really play all that great offensively. It will be interesting to see how they do against a pressing team in UConn. I would imagine Iowa shooting percentage will be a lot higher tomorrow night.

Your eyes deceive you . Oregon isn’t very good. That ranking is unfair to them

Oregon didn't look like a Top 15 team tonight IMHO.. Never really made much of a run at us. Doesn't mean they can't or won't improve and become a good team, but am kinda taking this one with a grain of salt. Just saying I want to see Iowa build on this and keep playing well before I believe. Been burned too many times before.

As people always say after a bad loss: It's just one game. It doesn't only apply to losses.

Good start though and will enjoy the win until at least tomorrow night. We'll see against Uconn.

Iowa did look like the better team tonight against Oregon (also IMHO) so there's that...

Last edited:
Great defense tonight.. the end we let them score too easy - but for most of the game very nice.

Offense struggled but now we gotta hope Oregon gets healthy and they end up being a quality win.

Apparently you know more than the PAC12 coaches and media who picked them as preseason conference champs to go along with their current ranking. Maybe just maybe Iowa made them look bad tonight. Nah, it couldn’t be that???

Hawks made the Ducks look bad. They have a lot of underclassmen on the team and the Hawks experience showed. We also played many players and no matter which combination of players, we kept the lead throughout the game.....

Bol looked tired throughout the game. We wore the big man down.....

Vegas must have known something that we failed to see.....

:cool:

Your eyes deceive you . Oregon isn’t very good. That ranking is unfair to them

its a ranking based on expectations...kinda like Kentucky every year. Top 3 recruiting class...lot of young talent. They either need some time to put it together or they might never put it together.

Not sure why everyone thinks that Oregon is gonna suck because of one early season game. Sure they didn't look good, but they have a very talented roster, and like I said it is one game.

Latest posts