Proposition for NCAA: Alumni Recall

hawkeyes87

Seeing all of the "What else could Desmond do?" and "I think the Hawks will beat Michigan- remember '08 Penn St!" posts gave me inspiration for an idea I think would take college football to another level:

====================

Dear NCAA,
With the success of the wildly popular "Graduate Transfer" program, I propose that it's time to take the logical next step.

I therefore give you the "Alumni Recall Program" (ARP).

Under this program, each member institution's football program would be permitted, at a frequency of 1 time per season, to "recall" 1 former player for their offense and 1 for the defense. Said player would have eligibility for only that season, and would not be eligible for additional recalls (the intent is NOT to field an All-Time team, but to allow each team to be supplemented by 2 alums each season).

Thank you for your consideration

====================

Years from now you'll look back and think "It seems so obvious now- why didn' t anybody think of this sooner?"

Anyway, think what that would do for Iowa!

Upgrade the D w/ a Mitch King (woohoo 08 Penn St !) or Ballard for the interior, or a Greenway / Edds. I know you could also say Sanders / Considine, but the front 7 needs more help.

Then get a Scherff / Bulaga, or maybe a McNutt (sadly even ARP can't provide a dominant burner at this position for Iowa) for the O.

Thoughts?

So you are proposing that the NCAA extend playing eligibility beyond 4 years and you believe that current NFL players would give up their paid job to come back and play for free? Not to mention those who probably are too old to compete at a high level.
I'll just assume you meant this to a humorous post.

So you are proposing that the NCAA extend playing eligibility beyond 4 years and you believe that current NFL players would give up their paid job to come back and play for free? Not to mention those who probably are too old to compete at a high level.
I'll just assume you meant this to a humorous post.

Hmm. I guess when you put it like that, I see there are some minor flaws with my proposal.

YES, that was meant to be a humorous post. I thought "ARP" would make that clear.

Otoh, you can't always apply logic / reason to the NCAA. I think this would have about as much chance to be accepted by them as Desmond has of being put on offense by KF.

Latest posts