Propose Iowa’s Regular Season Record With & Without Fans in Stands

BlackNGold1982

Record this season with stands at standard capacity: I’ll go 7-5

Record this season with stands at half capacity or less: 8-4

**This further assumes that ALL games, home and away, would follow the same attendance (or lack there of) format and that it will be a 12-game schedule. Obviously, we don’t know these things yet.**

Every year we are projected at 7-5. I think we go 9-2. I think this is the year we beat Wisconsin. It seems that when we beat them we tend to have a really good year. To me, Minnesota hasn’t proven themselves yet. They come out of the gate slow and somebody will eventually take advantage of that. I think the losses will come out of the east against Ohio St. and Penn St. However, I give Iowa a punchers chance to upend PSU. Iowa St. is and will always be little brother just check the record books. We have done well with first year QB’s and this year Petras will have oodles of talent around him. I’m optimistic we will put together another good season and go to a nice bowl game.

This is a truly fascinating question to consider. There has never been fanless games. Would it completely erase home field advantage? The away team still has to travel and dress in unfamiliar territory, but that seems relatively minor.

The coaches that figure out the pyschology of it would have the upper hand. Maybe even keeled coaches like KF will do better than Row the Boat turds with no crowds?

I think on paper we are better than every team except Penn State and Ohio State, with Wisky a push. So, I'll buy 9-3.

They would still have someone on the PA? Make it seem a little more like a game and somehow pump some noise to a certain decibel level. Don't think it would just be a practice field type deal.

Assume they let Dolph and Ed in to do radio from booth.

This is a truly fascinating question to consider. There has never been fanless games. Would it completely erase home field advantage? The away team still has to travel and dress in unfamiliar territory, but that seems relatively minor.

The coaches that figure out the pyschology of it would have the upper hand. Maybe even keeled coaches like KF will do better than Row the Boat turds with no crowds?

I think on paper we are better than every team except Penn State and Ohio State, with Wisky a push. So, I'll buy 9-3.
I wonder if officials would allow home teams to play crowd noise? Within limits of course.

They should at least allow Hawkeye Elvis to sit in his north end zone seat. Just him even if no other fans allowed.

Latest posts