Promotions for OSU dual Saturday

fulsaasfan

Former Hawkeye Brent Metcalf, two-time NCAA champion and former Hodge trophy winner, will wrestle Canadian star Haislan Garcia during intermission of the dual.
Metcalf to face Garcia in international freestyle bout at Iowa vs. Oklahoma State dual in Iowa City, Jan. 7 | TheMat.com - USA Wrestling

Former Iowa wrestlers and past Olympians Ed Banach, Lou Banach, Lincoln McIlravy, Randy Lewis, Joe Williams and Chuck Yagla will also be special guests at the dual. All six former Hawkeyes will be available for autographs beginning at 5:30 p.m. on the Carver-Hawkeye Arena concourse near the South exit doors.

Fans are encouraged to wear black to the BLACKOUT event. Fans wearing black will receive $2 off tickets purchased at the door.

Hawkeye wrestling calendars will be distributed to the first 4,000 fans in attendance.

The first 1,000 fans in attendance will also receive a Hawkeye foam finger.

What is Lincoln McIlravy doing these days? Is he coaching at the collegiate level?

Last I heard, Lincoln live in the Iowa City/Coralville area. He has his own business, one I thought was a hotel. His son is a stud gymnast.

A gymnast? you have got to be kidding me..

I am sure that there are others on here that have more knowledge of this, but after checking with my "better half", she confirmed that last she knew that Lincoln's son was training with a gymnastic group in Iowa City/Coralville.

It is true that Lincoln's son is doing gymnastics and not wrestling at this time. I am guessing that maybe he'll pick up wrestling sometime down the road.

He owns the hotel next to the IHOP in between the mall and the train tracks in Corallville.

actually being in gymnastics would have its advantages for flexibility and usually requires a lot of training at an early age so its a smart move i think

Glad to hear that Steve Mocco will also be wrestling an exhibition match this evening during the intermission break. Look forward to seeing both Brent and Steve in action.
Go HAWKS!

My wife and I stayed in his hotel when our baby was born very premature and it was a very nice, and clean place. The staff was over the top awesome. Please patronize his place!

Latest posts