Progress is Being Made with the Program

Team has made substantial gains from last season, we have 6 wins and much tougher schedule, and an opportunity too really make this a solid season with two good games left, and a bowl.

I think you may have inadvertently proved my point with that last line. At what point last year did you feel like Iowa had the potential to be a good 8 win team?
Never. Not even a good 4 win team. Worse than bad. They're better but still an enigma to me at times this year.

I agree that progress is being made. Iowa went 4-8 last year, and the downers were predicting 3 to 4 wins. We are at 6 with a chance for 7 or 8. This is a good thing.

Anyone who honestly thought Iowa would only win 3 games this year should be kicked square in the bag.

8-4 can be done...i thought 6-6 before the season. Im watching these two circus acts right now and they look no better than the hawks

For me this program took a big and positive step forward. I am very critical of KF but want to give him props today for this season.

This is the first season I can remember where we beat the teams we should (no ridiculous losses) and we really emphasized the power running game and strong defense which I love.

He replaced a number of under-performing assistants after last season. He has allowed at least a few wrinkles offensively and defensively. We have also played a few more guys this season (not enough yet) than past seasons.

I have to give props. Last season was possibly the worst of his tenure and this season was more difficult in terms of the schedule. The overall play has been better.

When we beat someone that has a PULSE then let's talk about the substantial progress being made.

It's funny to watch this. When the Hawks win a game, the Kirk apologists come out and point out the progress being made. When we lose a game the Kirk haters come out and say it's about time for him to go. What a seesaw. And so it will go as long as Captain Kirk is at the helm.

It must be depressing to hate Ferentz so bad that you can't enjoy a Hawkeye win. I can recommend a good shrink if you're interested.

This team is much improved from last year and we have some young talent on the roster for our future to be bright.

The offensive side of the ball is still the teams biggest challenge and can be frustrating but we are typically above average on D which allows us to hang.

At this point I'm fine with where the program is at and believe that going a different route isn't worth the risk.

I'm not comparing last year to this year. Like I stated earlier the fact that we in year 14 of a coach talking about progress being made with the program is pretty damn SAD..

We get it. We shouldn't have been in this position so deep into a regime.

We'll guess what? We ARE in that position. So we can either see the improvement and run with it, or we can start from scratch. Option 2 isn't going to happen, and I'm not sure that it should. IF the team can win one or both of the next two games, were getting set up for a pretty good year next year. Maybe not 10-11 wins good, but 8-9 wins, which is what most people say they'd be happy with on a yearly basis.

I'm not comparing last year to this year. Like I stated earlier the fact that we in year 14 of a coach talking about progress being made with the program is pretty damn SAD..

Bottom line is you can't handle it. It's not a Ferentz problem, it's a YOU problem.

the potential seems to be there this season. with 2 wins the final 2 games (possible) and a good bowl win will = lots of optimism.

debby downer might state - iowa will not have any good LBs .... and that would result in 4/5 win season talk again.

Bottom line is you can't handle it. It's not a Ferentz problem, it's a YOU problem.
Agreed. This is a team that has a chance to win out the season and I firmly think this team will do it. This program is headed in the right direction. I really hope t

It is like being stuck in a bad marriage, but Ferentz somehow does just enough. However, I will be quite impressed if we finish the regular season at 8-4. Iowa has a good chance against Michigan. I don't think we will beat Nebraska and finish the regular season 7-5.

If this were any other place with the coin Kirk is making, he would be long gone, but this is Iowa that land of job security for average results.

An 8 or 9 win season next year is like going 6-6 or 7-5 with that joke schedule.

But, it was a win today and at least we are not the clones or the panthers.

When we beat someone that has a PULSE then let's talk about the substantial progress being made.

The only team with a winning record... that we defeated. It is our signature win of the year

You can see the progress in each of our losses as well (perhaps not as much vs MSU-but certainly the other losses). There is much improvement in this years team.

Chillax, grab a brew, and enjoy it brahs.

I really hope to watch you curmudgeons eat crow.

The funny thing is most of these curmudgeons were predicting < 6 wins this year a few months ago. Talking about how we have an inexperienced QB, horrible system and no talent. Now they've reached 6 wins and they are still trying to find things to whine about.

I'm not by any means happy with being at 6 wins. However, considering the situation the Hawks were in going into the season it is as much or more than what most expected. For that reason, I believe the coaches and players deserve some credit. They've put themselves in position to win 7, 8, or possibly even 9 wins (far fetched but possible). Not many people thought anything above 7 was realistic. Certainly not any of these pessimists.

17-39. That's the record of Iowa's opponents in which they have beat, nobody with a winning record except Minnesota at 8-2. With them removed you're looking at 9-37. Not exactly the best teams in the NCAA or an accurate representation of Iowa's talent at this point in time.

Latest posts