Progress is Being Made with the Program

HawkIPA

6-4 with what I would call a decent shot to get to 7-5 with a harder schedule than last year.

Teams Iowa has lost to have a combined 3 losses all year with 1 of those losses being controversial.

I would be satisfied with a split of the next 2 and downright giddy if the Hawks beat both Michigan and Nebraska.

This is a stupid post.

In year 14 and being paid 3.9 Millions a year to see a thread titled Progress is being made with the program, is downright sad and stupid IMO.

This is a stupid post.

In year 14 and being paid 3.9 Millions a year to see a thread titled Progress is being made with the program, is downright sad and stupid IMO.

I never said it was excusable for the program to be in the kind of shape it was in last year....but it was. Nothing anybody can do about it except try and dig out of the hole and get rolling again.

If you cant see that there is substantial progress being made you arent looking.

If the Hawks at least split the last two (Mich is looking very beatable) and get seven wins, 9 wins looks almost automatic next year with an incredibly weak schedule.

I agree that progress is being made. Iowa went 4-8 last year, and the downers were predicting 3 to 4 wins. We are at 6 with a chance for 7 or 8. This is a good thing.

I never said it was excusable for the program to be in the kind of shape it was in last year....but it was. Nothing anybody can do about it except try and dig out of the hole and get rolling again.

If you cant see that there is substantial progress being made you arent looking.

Dude. I'm watching the same as you and I'm not afraid to tell you that if you think substantial progress is being made your drinking to much during the game and need to watch the game when sober. Hilarious substantial progress being made, Really! lol

Dude. I'm watching the same as you and I'm not afraid to tell you that if you think substantial progress is being made your drinking to much during the game and need to watch the game when sober. Hilarious substantial progress being made, Really! lol

So you dont think the team is showing substantial progress from last year? Offense is better. Defense is much better. Schedule has been tougher. Whats so hard about it? Just because you want KF gone doesnt mean you can just play stupid when it comes to evaluating the team.

From last year? Substantial progress has been made. Defense alone has improved substantially.

Sorry man but if you can't see how much better this team is compared to last year you must not have a clue what to look for.

The QB play is much better. For a first year starter in the Big Ten it is downright impressive.

The dline controlling the line of scrimmage. Something that did not happen often last year.

The LB's are all having their best seasons as Hawkeyes.

It has been a struggle to figure out who to give the rock to, and there has been inconsistent performances by the defensive backfield and the wide receiving core. However, both of those groups are relatively young and inexperienced. This team is much better than it was a year ago, and if they can get some momentum going to finish the season strong they could be a pretty confident team heading into next season.

While I try to be very optimistic about this team, I don't like the argument about how good the teams are that beat us. NIU could be considered misleading considering their conference. And besides a good half at OSU we've been thoroughly dominated in the last 10 quarters of losses.

Then who've we beaten? Combined record of opponents we've beat (excluding FCS Mo. State) 15-32. We nearly let ISU come back. We had to fight Northwestern into overtime. I don't think I'll ever like the Greg Davis system. It just feels like way too often we should be running away from teams, but don't. I think this is just an okay 7 win team. But I see potential to be a good 8 win team.

While I try to be very optimistic about this team, I don't like the argument about how good the teams are that beat us. NIU could be considered misleading considering their conference. And besides a good half at OSU we've been thoroughly dominated in the last 10 quarters of losses.

Then who've we beaten? Combined record of opponents we've beat (excluding FCS Mo. State) 15-32. We nearly let ISU come back. We had to fight Northwestern into overtime. I don't think I'll ever like the Greg Davis system. It just feels like way too often we should be running away from teams, but don't. I think this is just an okay 7 win team. But I see potential to be a good 8 win team.

I think you may have inadvertently proved my point with that last line. At what point last year did you feel like Iowa had the potential to be a good 8 win team?

Sorry man but if you can't see how much better this team is compared to last year you must not have a clue what to look for.

The QB play is much better. For a first year starter in the Big Ten it is downright impressive.

The dline controlling the line of scrimmage. Something that did not happen often last year.

It has been a struggle to figure out who to give the rock to, and there has been inconsistent performances by the defensive backfield and the wide receiving core. However, both of those groups are relatively young and inexperienced. This team is much better than it was a year ago, and if they can get some momentum going to finish the season strong they could be a pretty confident team heading into next season.

I'm not comparing last year to this year. Like I stated earlier the fact that we in year 14 of a coach talking about progress being made with the program is pretty damn SAD..

Today, 04:35 PM
HawkPrdatr40
user-online.png

HN LegendJoin DateOct 2009LocationOwatonna, MNPosts5,414

[h=2]Re: Progress is Being Made with the Program[/h]
This is a stupid post.

In year 14 and being paid 3.9 Millions a year to see a thread titled Progress is being made with the program, is downright sad and stupid IMO.​

I'm not comparing last year to this year. Like I stated earlier the fact that we in year 14 of a coach talking about progress being made with the program is pretty damn SAD..

I think it has been pretty clear that this was specifically talking about last year to this year. I think you're just backtracking off an absurd stance.

Latest posts