Pro Combat or throwback uni's?

FML

I haven't heard anything about wearing different uni's for a game this year yet. I remember last year a couple of recruits were tweeting about us wearing new uni's at some point during this season....not a big deal, although I did really like the throw back uni's they wore last season.

One of the best decisions Kirk has ever made was to go back to the classic Steeler uniform when he took over. Why did Fry change such a great look after 1993? Oh well.

I love the current uniforms, always have, and hope they never change but I would be okay with Iowa having a pro combat uniform and wearing it at one home and one road game each season.

Might not be a bad idea to change things up from time to time. Apparently the players these days like the new age look.

I'm a big fan of the throwback they wore last year. You want to talk about a classic stealers look. I got a picture from smart art Iowa at valley west mall. They are coming onto the field and they just look bad a$$ in those UNIs.

I do think it would be cool to have a white helmet with blak TH with yellow outline. someone create one...NOW!

I've got an idea! Let's change our logo!!!

uofsouthern%20miss.jpg

I think it's funny how some people are so against seeing the Hawks wear a different uniform for one damn game. If they ever did do the Pro Combat thing, it's not a permanent change. There are some pretty traditional uniform teams like Ohio State and Alabama that do it.

I think it's funny how some people are so against seeing the Hawks wear a different uniform for one damn game. If they ever did do the Pro Combat thing, it's not a permanent change. There are some pretty traditional uniform teams like Ohio State and Alabama that do it.

The home uniforms look fricking great. Wearing something else is stupid.

I think we should do something for the opener in Chicago vs Northern Illinois. that way it is not an official home game.

BTW since it is officially our home game, does "Back in Black" get played when we enter as the home team in Chicago?

I think it was the 1975 unis that had the yellow helmet that said IOWA in cursive for some reason I think those are neat and would like to see those wore for a throwback game. I like their uniforms, logo and colors when I was in the Milatary over seas didnt matter if I was in Thailand or Croatia everybody knows that logo. One game would not hurt anything the pro-combat not so much. However I do like all of Iowas old looks.

Last edited:
I would like to see small changes.

Thicker gold stripe on the helmet.

Go with 3 stripe look on the shoulder pads. To what the greenbay packers current style.

You can hate it all you want(Im not a big fan) but recruites love this corny ****.

You're right I think. Most of us are a little out of touch with what young kids like these days. I think most kids get excited about the combat uniform. Nico Law asked about it during his recruitment. They have prototype pictures on the insider site and I like the black quite a bit actually. We shouldn't underestimate the effect of psychology. If the kids are pumped about their uniform, that's a good thing. That was a big reason for Fry's initial redeign when he took over. So, a game or two a year could go a long way towards generating excitment amongst our current team and nationally amongst potential future recruits.

If a recruit doesn't pick us because of our uniforms then good riddance. That seems like a kid with the wrong priorities.