Pro Combat or throwback uni's?

If a recruit doesn't pick us because of our uniforms then good riddance. That seems like a kid with the wrong priorities.

I agree with part of what you said, but what if it also pulls our team together under the remembrance of a prior great team? traditions are created at some point, and I was always told the further you look into the past- the further you will see into the future.

havent you ever been exposed to something new and became completely enthralled with it? doing your own research on this new found interest on your own time? even if this effected a small group of people, you then have young players interested in our PAST & TRADITION.

what negatives could come from it? besides the obvious "tradition" a$$'s pouting about the different uni's.

Kids love the pro combat look. They aren't worried about what old folks like me have to say about it.

Looks like Kirk just said there won't ever be Pro Combat jerseys at Iowa. Pretty disappointing. I would like that exposure just once as long as they didn't mess them up. Great recruiting tool also.

I think this thread should just be pinned to the top of the football forum so that no one needs to start a "new uni's" thread every month.

Looks like Kirk just said there won't ever be Pro Combat jerseys at Iowa. Pretty disappointing. I would like that exposure just once as long as they didn't mess them up. Great recruiting tool also.
I think he was referring to a permanent change in the regular uni's, not a one game change deal

I'm a big fan of the throwback they wore last year. You want to talk about a classic stealers look. I got a picture from smart art Iowa at valley west mall. They are coming onto the field and they just look bad a$$ in those UNIs.

I agree with you. I didn't expect to like the throwbacks from last year so much, but I did. I'd like to see those again.

It helps to see your team win big in those unis, though...

I saw Iowa lose several games in person last year (Tucson, Minneapolis, Evanston, and the losses in IC). Throwbacks look good when you see the team win. I probably would've hated them had they lost.

I think he was referring to a permanent change in the regular uni's, not a one game change deal

True, but throwbacks are a little different than Pro Combat uni's.

For those wishing to see Iowa in the latter, I don't see it happening.

I don't mind a throwback every few years but a big HELL NO to the Pro Combat garbage.

True, but throwbacks are a little different than Pro Combat uni's.

For those wishing to see Iowa in the latter, I don't see it happening.

I don't mind a throwback every few years but a big HELL NO to the Pro Combat garbage.

This. If we get uniforms made out of the Pro Combat material (NOT the stupid designs), that's great. But one uniform that I would like to see us wear are the ones from the 70's, with the hawk silhouette on the helmet.

!B03vW7gCWk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE)OWYcQTyBMcQ(Cepjg~~_35.JPG

Latest posts