Printy takes down Wisconsin

Still can't figure out how they aren't ranked, though.

If they win on Sunday, they'll definitely be ranked the following week. It seems like they keep getting on the cusp of being ranked, but then they lose a tough one.

p.s.- Thanks for sharing btw. The women don't get a lot of pub, so it's nice to hear about them, especially when they're doing well.

Last edited:
If they win on Sunday, they'll definitely be ranked the following week. It seems like they keep getting on the cusp of being ranked, but then they lose a tough one.

p.s.- Thanks for sharing btw. The women don't get a lot of pub, so it's nice to hear about them, especially when they're doing well.

Might be a little more of it coming up these next couple weeks. The DI sports staff is pretty shorthanded at the moment, with a few people quitting, one WBB reporter getting promoted to sports editor, and the other in the hospital with an injured neck after falling on some ice.

Right now, it's me and one of the wrestling reporters (who covered the WBB team for awhile last semester before things started getting shaken up) tag teaming on game coverage. The whole thing is pretty screwy, but I don't mind; I've actually always enjoyed watching this team play, and they're pretty fun to cover, too.

I watch all of the games too If I can and go to a few. Cheap tickets and always good seats. Their team fights like hell, usually figure out a way to win and really quite talented for girls basketball. Printy has more then once taken the team on her back and won games for the Hawks. Every team needs a Jamie Printy, you can always count on her when the stakes are high. I would say they are better at figuring out a way to get a win when the chips are down better then any other Iowa team. If the men's team and the football team has their tenacity and team play they would be in the same place. 20 wins a year or more and in the tournament. for some reason they always get screwed on seeding. 1st 2 rounds of the NCAA are in Iowa City this year. Hopefully we will see the Hawks win two at home.

Latest posts