Previewing the backs

I will stand by that, compared to going against Drew Ott in practice and spring ball the regular season will be easier. Not that they take it lightly or anything, but preparing against the best will make them better players this season.

I read this without looking at who posted it and automatically knew it was hawknick. Color me not impressed with the amateur scouting reports..

If people read Hawknick position by position scouting reports on Iowa, they would be ranked #1 in the WORLD maybe the Universe! :)

I will stand by that, compared to going against Drew Ott in practice and spring ball the regular season will be easier. Not that they take it lightly or anything, but preparing against the best will make them better players this season.

Now that is a good statement. When the Off Tackles start noticing their improvement in August against the Def Ends then they have a measuring stick.

I dont know who Wisky, Nebby, and Minny have for their 6 Def Ends but I would assume they are pretty good, maybe not as good as Ott but pretty good.

I still can't believe we wasted Daniel's 2 years for something like 60 carries. Everyone knew Weisman was going to always get the majority of carries. KF just loves wasting eligibility.

I'll be the first to say that I am grateful Weisman was here to be a consistent runner, especially in 2012 when he was the only production. I still remember that TD he had in the Nebraska game when he got hit at the 5 yard line and bulled over huskers on his way to the endzone. But I am excited to see faster, quicker rbs get more carries consistently. I feel like a lot of these rbs didnt have the opportunity to have any break out performances and now we will be able to see canzeri and daniels share carries. I hope this leads to a more dynamic threat where they cannot stack the box knowing where it is going to go. An RB with the ability to cutback will be essential as opposing defenses havent had to worry about that at iowa for some time.

Any defensive coordinator who doesn't stack the box against a KF offense is an absolute moron and should be fired. Run, Run, short pass, punt. Short pass, run, run, punt. Run, short pass, short pass, punt. Run, run, run, punt. God I hope this is not true. Hayden if you out there somewhere please call your former offensive line coach and explain to KF that an offense is not supposed to be predictable. CJ if that is what KF has in mind, please have mercy on us hawkeye fans and go rogue on KF.

While it is nice to have 2-3 rb's. We need speed and ball control. WE need speed to get through the hole and to hang on to the ball. Look at the elite teams in the top 10. If Canzeri and Wadley can stay healthy and hang on to the ball, I think they have the potential to be very good.

He was unabashedly delusional....or was he?

He may not have been serious, but currently he's the only one who has called it almost perfectly.

I hope he continues to be correct, even if he was trolling.

Latest posts