Preview: Will Iowa End Skid in Indiana?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Is Iowa's game at Indiana a must win? It is if they want to qualify for a bowl game. They do, so it is. Will it happen?

More...

Last edited:
Good read. Indiana has been playing up or down to it's competition this year. Hopefully that will be the case tomorrow. A high scoring game is already out of reach. Offense needs to get something done to give the D time off the field. I'm hopeful, Go Hawks!

Good read. Indiana has been playing up or down to it's competition this year. Hopefully that will be the case tomorrow. A high scoring game is already out of reach for us. Offense needs to get something done to give the D time off the field. I'm hopeful, Go Hawks!

FIFY

Is Iowa's game at Indiana a must win? It is if they want to qualify for a bowl game. They do, so it is. Will it happen?

More...

Wow! Jon actually being very critical of our anemic offense. Feels nice to let it out, right? Do you expect the defense or special teams to score, because how are you seeing 27 points, Jon!?

I definitely don't see us winning this game, but then again the team might be playing ****** off with a chip on their shoulder, but once again I doubt our offense will be able to do anything. I'll say 27-13 Indiana.

Predicting 27 Points from this offense seems really optimistic, especially with no Wiseman.

I think our D stops their running game, but IU still wins 27-16.

I feel very good about this one... then a win against Purdue and we're bowling. Given the state of the B1G... we could be playing January 1 with 6 wins. Go Hawks!!! 27-17

Each week I hope that RIP Von Vandenburg awakes from the slumber he's been going thru this season and "gets it" to rip a defense up. The potential is there in this offense to be good. Not the worst ever offense under KF. I wish KF would say F it and put a backup in if Vandy keeps playing this way.

Here's my prediction:
Iowa gets the ball first and gives us hope by giving us a field goal. But on Indiana’s next possession, they score a TD and run rampant over our D. We proceed to Punt a few more times, they score 10, then we get another FG making halftime 17-6. Defense looks good in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Q and the offense scores a TD on their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] possession, IU scores once (FG) in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] making it 20-13. 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Q we come out early and tie the game, then after some back and forth settle for another FG inside the 25 because we have some penalty or throw short on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 6. Iowa Takes the lead! 23-20! Some more back and forth but Uh Oh, IU has 2 huge plays of 20+ yards and then our D breaks and they give up a TD. 27-23 with about 5 minutes to go. Our offense can’t do anything the first go around (throw incomplete, rush no gain, complete for 6 yards) and we punt. Defense holds! We get one more chance! But JVB is sacked twice and then wildly over throws twice and game over on a drive that reached midfield.

I hope I’m way wrong!

Predicting 27 Points from this offense seems really optimistic, especially with no Wiseman.

I think our D stops their running game, but IU still wins 27-16.

I believe that IU has a better chance of recovering 3 on side kicks in this game than Iowa does at scoring 27pts on offense.

Here's my prediction:
Iowa gets the ball first and gives us hope by giving us a field goal. But on Indiana’s next possession, they score a TD and run rampant over our D. We proceed to Punt a few more times, they score 10, then we get another FG making halftime 17-6. Defense looks good in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Q and the offense scores a TD on their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] possession, IU scores once (FG) in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] making it 20-13. 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Q we come out early and tie the game, then after some back and forth settle for another FG inside the 25 because we have some penalty or throw short on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 6. Iowa Takes the lead! 23-20! Some more back and forth but Uh Oh, IU has 2 huge plays of 20+ yards and then our D breaks and they give up a TD. 27-23 with about 5 minutes to go. Our offense can’t do anything the first go around (throw incomplete, rush no gain, complete for 6 yards) and we punt. Defense holds! We get one more chance! But JVB is sacked twice and then wildly over throws twice and game over on a drive that reached midfield.

I hope I’m way wrong!

I feel like I've seen that movie before, or something damn close to it.

I think we play it close and run the ball a lot (I wish we had M Weisman) but I think Garmon gets going this game and Bullock has a nice day. We control the clock and get a couple turnovers and win this one 23-17
Go Hawks

Just like last week, my head thinks Iowa has a chance of winning, then the game starts. My feelings from hope go to, of ****, here we go again.

I think we play it close and run the ball a lot (I wish we had M Weisman) but I think Garmon gets going this game and Bullock has a nice day. We control the clock and get a couple turnovers and win this one 23-17
Go Hawks

I doubt we see very much of Garmon if Bullock is healthy. Kirk doesn't trust true freshman, remember?

I am thinking we get absolutely killed in this game, 45-3 or something like that. This team can score a lot of points. Our D seemingly can no longer stop anyone. Our offense is not even worth addressing. Top that off with very little effort, which is what we have seen the past 2 weeks, and you get an *** kicking.

Hey, "thats football. Credit to them."

I think Bullock will rush for 165 yds and JVB will actually throw a couple TDs for once. Defense gives up a ton of yards but forces couple to's and blocks a FG. Iowa scores first and hangs on 38-34.

Latest posts