Preview: Will Iowa End Skid in Indiana?

I am thinking we get absolutely killed in this game, 45-3 or something like that. This team can score a lot of points. Our D seemingly can no longer stop anyone. Our offense is not even worth addressing. Top that off with very little effort, which is what we have seen the past 2 weeks, and you get an *** kicking.

Hey, "thats football. Credit to them."

45-3 was the exact score I was going to predict for this game. I don't see us even being close in this game. We can't score on offense unless it's in the 4th quarter and the scores mean nothing, and our defense can't do anything against a good offense. Hell, we made Matt McGloin look like Matt Ryan. We're going to get blown out tomorrow because of terrible QB play, embarrassing play calling, and poor coaching.

Here's my prediction:
Iowa gets the ball first and gives us hope by giving us a field goal. But on Indiana’s next possession, they score a TD and run rampant over our D. We proceed to Punt a few more times, they score 10, then we get another FG making halftime 17-6. Defense looks good in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Q and the offense scores a TD on their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] possession, IU scores once (FG) in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] making it 20-13. 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Q we come out early and tie the game, then after some back and forth settle for another FG inside the 25 because we have some penalty or throw short on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 6. Iowa Takes the lead! 23-20! Some more back and forth but Uh Oh, IU has 2 huge plays of 20+ yards and then our D breaks and they give up a TD. 27-23 with about 5 minutes to go. Our offense can’t do anything the first go around (throw incomplete, rush no gain, complete for 6 yards) and we punt. Defense holds! We get one more chance! But JVB is sacked twice and then wildly over throws twice and game over on a drive that reached midfield.

I hope I’m way wrong!

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you say in this. You are Nostradamus like in your prediction and I see it shaking out the same exact way. The only thing you forgot was the 1 or 2 TOs we will get putting us in good field position only to score one FG and punt on the other one.

Is Iowa's game at Indiana a must win? It is if they want to qualify for a bowl game. They do, so it is. Will it happen?

More...

Does anyone else think it is a joke that Indiana and Rose Bowl are mentioned in the same sentence. Indiana's football program might be worse than Iowa State's. Goes to show how down the B1G is this year. I hope we don't lay an egg tomorrow.

I am thinking we get absolutely killed in this game, 45-3 or something like that. This team can score a lot of points. Our D seemingly can no longer stop anyone. Our offense is not even worth addressing. Top that off with very little effort, which is what we have seen the past 2 weeks, and you get an *** kicking.

Hey, "thats football. Credit to them."

Indiana's D isn't good enough to even hold our pathetic offense to 3 points- I'm calling for much the same score we saw last week 31-17 Hoosiers. What an embarrassing prediction. Will Barto wake up and smell the coffee?! Beating up on Frantastic last year because he smashed a chair (BBall way on the upswing) versus watching a calm and collected Ferentz (Fball is the Fbomb) but he isn't going to embarrass the U is awful. We are in the initial throws of a full blown disaster in our Football program.

I think Bullock will rush for 165 yds and JVB will actually throw a couple TDs for once. Defense gives up a ton of yards but forces couple to's and blocks a FG. Iowa scores first and hangs on 38-34.

38 points.. :) You've done your homework.. :)

Are we seriously picking Indiana in this game? Indiana is the overwhelming favorite? What planet is this?

Oh yes I forgot. We are coached by Captain Conservative, have an offensive coordinator that is even more conservative than the head coach, JVB will never be benched unless he is injured, and a defense that would make perfect matadors at a bull fight.

As of now, this truly is the most important game of the season for Iowa and who would have thunk it would be against the hoosiers. I will not believe it until I see and then I will know for sure the bottom has dropped completely out.

Iowa 27
Indiana 24

P.S. Ball St (MAC) put up 41 on these guys. No reason (other than very important above things mentioned) should stop Iowa from putting up points in this game. I mean, come on Iowa, you mean to tell me you can't even score on Indiana?????

Iowa has seemingly abandoned its passing game over the middle and instead is settling for flat routes on the outside. It’s not like Iowa’s passing game was high octane under Ken O’Keefe, but what we are seeing this year is insulting to offenses of the 1970′s.

wide-eyes-dog.jpg

Holy S.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

just can't see Iowa putting up more than 20 unless the D or special teams scores too.

Indy 31 - Iowa 20

Well I wont be looking forward to all of those rich post game meltdown threads. Things could get pretty dull around here pretty quickly.

Here's my prediction:
Iowa gets the ball first and gives us hope by giving us a field goal. But on Indiana’s next possession, they score a TD and run rampant over our D. We proceed to Punt a few more times, they score 10, then we get another FG making halftime 17-6. Defense looks good in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Q and the offense scores a TD on their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] possession, IU scores once (FG) in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] making it 20-13. 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Q we come out early and tie the game, then after some back and forth settle for another FG inside the 25 because we have some penalty or throw short on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 6. Iowa Takes the lead! 23-20! Some more back and forth but Uh Oh, IU has 2 huge plays of 20+ yards and then our D breaks and they give up a TD. 27-23 with about 5 minutes to go. Our offense can’t do anything the first go around (throw incomplete, rush no gain, complete for 6 yards) and we punt. Defense holds! We get one more chance! But JVB is sacked twice and then wildly over throws twice and game over on a drive that reached midfield.

I hope I’m way wrong!

Close enough. Good call. This is from a fan. What do you think coaches around the league are doing with Iowa's predictability? Being predictable in football is not a trait to be pursued, particularly when you don't do "predictably" very well anymore.

Latest posts