Preview, Prediction: Iowa-Northwestern Football

Like the projected score......1 defensive TD, one offensive TD after a safety and the ensuing kick off gives Iowa a short field. Basically- Iowa defense 9, Offense 7, NW 6. That seems to be the formula for this years victories.

I think folks are underestimating NW at this point. I watched the entire first half of their game last Saturday, and they completely dominated a 6-2 Maryland team on the road, and led at halftime. Iowa hasn't played a half where they looked that good all year. I would expect to see more QB runs from them than usual, as Iowa hasn't seen many of those all year and in past years that's caused problems. IF Fitz starts QB Sullivan again, it will be only his 2nd career start when he faces the Hawks; Parker needs to throw a variety of different looks and blitzes at an inexperienced QB, and not let him get comfortable. Because if he sits back in vanilla looks all day, NW could win this game.

I think folks are underestimating NW at this point. I watched the entire first half of their game last Saturday, and they completely dominated a 6-2 Maryland team on the road, and led at halftime. Iowa hasn't played a half where they looked that good all year. I would expect to see more QB runs from them than usual, as Iowa hasn't seen many of those all year and in past years that's caused problems. IF Fitz starts QB Sullivan again, it will be only his 2nd career start when he faces the Hawks; Parker needs to throw a variety of different looks and blitzes at an inexperienced QB, and not let him get comfortable. Because if he sits back in vanilla looks all day, NW could win this game.
Maryland was missing their starting mobile, really great QB.

Northwestern always plays us tough and ugly, and alot of times wins.. I predict Northwestern 24-12.. Iowa will only muster field goals.. lol
Its been a while since Iowa played at Kinnick. And a lot of frustrations have only been reinforced. If the offense sputters early it could get ugly there on SaturdaNor

I know he has named the mobile QB as starter. They have a good offensive line as witnessed against Nebby. I still think Iowa's defense will not be a happy lot after the last two games. I thinks they come out salty and look to win the game themselves. Offense just has to use short fields and kick field goals. I hope. It think our running game takes off in this game. Iowa by two TDs.

Our offense is bad in a way the defense doesn’t matter. Our talent and coaching is poor at every position except TE.

NU will try for some big plays and probably hit a couple.

Iowa - 13
NU - 16

Reasonable assessment. Not sure why anyone would go.
Its been a while since Iowa played at Kinnick. And a lot of frustrations have only been reinforced. If the offense sputters early it could get ugly there on Saturday.

65,000 will show up and given all the negativity surrounding the program that is a win in my book.

The offense will sputter early and often. The boo birds will be out, but it is college football on a beautiful Fall Saturday, it will not get as ugly as you guys think.

65,000 will show up and given all the negativity surrounding the program that is a win in my book.

The offense will sputter early and often. The boo birds will be out, but it is college football on a beautiful Fall Saturday, it will not get as ugly as you guys think.
I expect a win

Latest posts