Preview, Prediction: Iowa-Michigan State

Folx who follow Iowa continue to live with carry-over narratives about the defense, about the infusion of offensive talent. Its a false narrative. MSU wins this game and Iowa's offense again does not get on track. The meltdown hits another gear as we realize this team has very few wins left on the schedule.

Well, MSU has been blown out the last couple games so they have needed to try and keep the offense gaining yards and scoring. They have also not played PSU's defense in Happy Valley. As with all statistics, these do not tell the whole story, or even an accurate story.

I don't see MSU scoring a TD. I think Iowa's offense will look Iowa State game esk.

If Iowa loses this game, which I seriously doubt, the Ferentz era could be drawing to a close.

Even before all the Tucker stuff why did NBC want to make this a prime time game? This screams 2:30 B1G network.

Well, MSU has been blown out the last couple games so they have needed to try and keep the offense gaining yards and scoring. They have also not played PSU's defense in Happy Valley. As with all statistics, these do not tell the whole story, or even an accurate story.

I don't see MSU scoring a TD. I think Iowa's offense will look Iowa State game esk.

If Iowa loses this game, which I seriously doubt, the Ferentz era could be drawing to a close.

Ferentz era might be coming to an end, regardless.

Ferentz era might be coming to an end, regardless.
Not if he wins 9 games, which he clearly can with that schedule and that D.

KF has had dirt thrown on him before, but here he remains. Its a bottom line business, and no Iowa coach is getting fired with 9 wins, especially KF.

Let's let the season play out before predicting what happens next. The season is only a third of the way through and we are 3-1. The schedule is soft. 9-3 is very doable.

Here’s my long prediction. The offense is terrible so every game will be close. MSU is bad but so are we.

We won’t sweep the west and any team with a good D will blank our offense.

We can’t block or get open. It’s hopeless. But, we’ll win 6 get a bowl and everyone will pretend it’ll get better next year. It won’t, it never will.

Iowa under 20
MSU under 20

Winner? Who cares, neither has a shot to win the conference. Go play intramurals brother.

Even before all the Tucker stuff why did NBC want to make this a prime time game? This screams 2:30 B1G network.
You're not wrong. Partly because this is Ohio St. and Wisconsin's bye week, there's a lack of marquee games. I mean, Penn St./NW will obviously not be competitive; Indiana/Purdue would lack viewers. I'm a little surprised NBC didn't take the Michigan/Nebraska game if they had the chance.

Not if he wins 9 games, which he clearly can with that schedule and that D.

KF has had dirt thrown on him before, but here he remains. Its a bottom line business, and no Iowa coach is getting fired with 9 wins, especially KF.

Let's let the season play out before predicting what happens next. The season is only a third of the way through and we are 3-1. The schedule is soft. 9-3 is very doable.

Would you rather have an ugly 9-3 or an entertaining 7-5? I would rather have a ugly 9-3, but trying to get a pulse of the fanbase, it feels like more and more of the fanbase would rather have the entertaining 7-5.

"Boring" that word has been used a lot to describe Iowa football the last few years. I'm not bored because I have a 40+ year relationship following the program, so I am just entertained by winning.

I believe KF will win 9+ games...just a lot of chess moves that need to be played here.

Ain’t happening.

Will KF be forced out ? Obviously, not. This is about KF being able to rehab his son's reputation and/or future career. Will Goetz or whoever the future AD is allow him to do that? If the answer is "yes" Kirk isn't going anywhere. If the answer is "NO" then this is Kirk's last year.

Here’s my long prediction. The offense is terrible so every game will be close. MSU is bad but so are we.

We won’t sweep the west and any team with a good D will blank our offense.

We can’t block or get open. It’s hopeless. But, we’ll win 6 get a bowl and everyone will pretend it’ll get better next year. It won’t, it never will.

Iowa under 20
MSU under 20

Winner? Who cares, neither has a shot to win the conference. Go play intramurals brother.
You should switch to OSU or Penn State. It’d be easier for everyone

I think we can all agree the schedule is soft this year compared to most, but so what? Winning 9 games at a Power Conference is fucking hard, no matter what your schedule looks like. If KF and Co. go 9-3 and we go to a nice bowl game, is that really something to lament? The Sand People would sell their first born for 9 wins this year. Purdue, NW, Minny, Illinois, would all throw parades for 9 wins. I think even Wisky would be realtively happy with 9 wins with a first year coach. Point is, I think some in the fan base are getting too big for the britches in fashionably complaining about the Ferentz boys. Winning is winning, I don't care how it gets done.

I love Fran style of play and it is exciting. All offense, no defense, flamboyant style, nationally relevant players, Frantrums. Its all great. Then we lose in the first round of the tourney. KF plays as ugly a style as possible, but he wins a lot more than he loses, competes for conference titles, and gets into legit post season games and wins a few.

Enjoy Iowa's success on the gridiron. There are a 100 fan bases that would trade places with us.