Preview, Prediction: Hawks Head to Hilton Hoping to End Skid

How I see it playing out.. Iowa and Iowa State will be a very competitive game for 28 to 30 minutes and sadly for Iowa there will be a 10-12 Minute Stretch were we get rolled up on.... Iowa can't seem to avoid that..

Iowa State 79
Iowa 64

Hawks get blown out in Hilton tonight by a barely average ISU team, they may well finish dead last in the conf. They'd better show something tonight.

I think people are overrating ISU here. The have developed an identity since the beginning of the season and have added some good pieces since the initial two game skid. Like most games between these two schools I'll just be happy with a win.
I don’t think ISU is being over-rated. Hawks have a lot to fix and some they can’t so they have to find different (and more difficult) ways to win.

Finding theses fixes and developing an identity on an opponent’s court?
Not likely.

When the opponent is your rival at their place?
Nope.

When the opponent is your rival at their place called Hilton?
Not gonna happen.

Great game until half. Then Fran makes adjustments.
That made me Kirk-snort.

Be lucky if it lasts to halftime.
ISU will go on a 16-0 run and Fran will stand cross-armed waiting for a media timeout.

ISU 78
Iowa 56

Iowa isn't good on offense or defense and they turn the ball over a ton. That's not a recipe for success.

Most likely this game will be very similar to the Indiana game, down by 20+ at the half, cut the lead by half in the second half, then fade at the end. Deja vu all over again. Any halfway decent coach knows that if you guard JBo tough through the first two TV timeouts, it's MOPE CITY BABY!!!

Latest posts