Pressure off Fran and Hawks

longtimer

At this point no one cares anymore. Unquestionably worst team in Big Ten. Will be hard pressed to win game in the conference.
McCaffrey is done. Hope its this year but with Iowa culture of not firing easily and an athletic director like Barta wont probably happen for another year. The years of frustration for Hawk fans looks to be a long ways from over

At this point no one cares anymore. Unquestionably worst team in Big Ten. Will be hard pressed to win game in the conference.
McCaffrey is done. Hope its this year but with Iowa culture of not firing easily and an athletic director like Barta wont probably happen for another year. The years of frustration for Hawk fans looks to be a long ways from over
Fran’s not going anywhere.

I was extatic when Lick and Alfraud left, but even if the Hawks don’t win another game in the next two years I’d be bummed to see Fran fail. Number one, he cares. A LOT. Number two, I think he has the knowledge and ability to do great things but his recruiting is phenomenally suckalicious and that doesn’t work.

Dammit.
I think Fran was what we needed at the time. I give him credit for rebuilding the program. But, something happened and a new hole is being dug. It is unfortunate. Things may get better, but I'm not holding breath. Even with Joe W and the Fran boys in the mix.

I was extatic when Lick and Alfraud left, but even if the Hawks don’t win another game in the next two years I’d be bummed to see Fran fail. Number one, he cares. A LOT. Number two, I think he has the knowledge and ability to do great things but his recruiting is phenomenally suckalicious and that doesn’t work.

Dammit.
Hey I wanted McCaffrey to succeed but we are far worse than anyone could have anticipated, I think most thought we would be pretty good only losing Jok and adding some inside help. Players other than maybe Cook have regressed and we are much worse than last year even when Jok was on the sideline. You have to attribute a lot of that to COACHING

Barta makes me more angry than Fran or Kirk. He doesn't have the stones to do anything besides sit on his hands and watch us fail at fucking everything.
Fran < > Kirk.

Barta has as much power over Kirk as I do over the weather.

I think Fran was what we needed at the time. I give him credit for rebuilding the program. But, something happened and a new hole is being dug. It is unfortunate. Things may get better, but I'm not holding breath. Even with Joe W and the Fran boys in the mix.

I don't think a hole is being dug at all. We've got too many young players and good recruits to fall into another Lick type hole. Our program will still be fine if Fran gets fired next year. It really does suck that this happened tho. I really wonder what this year would look like if we would have lost to Maryland and Wisconsin last year. They might have come into the year hungry instead of arrogant. It might have made a difference.

Hey I wanted McCaffrey to succeed but we are far worse than anyone could have anticipated, I think most thought we would be pretty good only losing Jok and adding some inside help. Players other than maybe Cook have regressed and we are much worse than last year even when Jok was on the sideline. You have to attribute a lot of that to COACHING

I'm hoping for sophomore slumps and freshmen bigs that won't have sophomore slumps next year. Oh, and Joe to be a 1 and done type player who wants a degree really really bad.

I don't think a hole is being dug at all. We've got too many young players and good recruits to fall into another Lick type hole. Our program will still be fine if Fran gets fired next year. It really does suck that this happened tho. I really wonder what this year would look like if we would have lost to Maryland and Wisconsin last year. They might have come into the year hungry instead of arrogant. It might have made a difference.

It is different type of hole being dug. Inept and uneven recruiting combined with lackluster schemes on defense is leading to Lick like results though.

Latest posts