Prediction Thread Citrus’24

NCHawker

i get the impression that Iowa is very focused and wants this game…they want that 11 wins. that said the O just doesn’t have upside and the defense won’t keep TN

I saw OSU illustrate last night that a good D can only get you so far.

Penn State has fallen behind by 14 and doesn’t seem to have answers

Vols will roll. It won’t be competitive

As much as I hate to say it I feel playing Tennessee is going to be like playing Pee-state and Michigan. We have the defense for the first half. It will eventually get worn down. No way does Tennessee have the defense of either Pedstate or Michigan but they do have a Minnesota/ Nebraska equivalent.
That's all they need to keep Iowa to field goals. The biggest problem is they have some horses on offense and will score even with out some of their starters. If they score 17-20 points Iowa is not going to cut it.
I predict 31-9. That 9 being a field goal and touchdown with mixed extra point because it's in our nemesis. I hope I'm wrong but defense will have to make some points and short fields for us to have a chance for an upset.

People say that Iowa's schedule is bad. Tennessee's is as bad if not worse. They beat Virginia, Austin Peay, UTSA (made a bowl), South Carolina, Texas A&M (made a bowl, 7-6), Kentucky (made a bowl, 7-6), UConn, and Vanderbilt. Both teams beat 3 mediocre bowl games and got beat bad by the good teams they played and lost a game to a bad team. Very equal schedules and results.

The top 5 things that helped me make my decision.

5) Tennessee out several key players due to portal/draft. We're not other than the injured guys we've played without. We will actually have a few back to full strength from injury, whether they missed games or were limited. Advantage: Iowa

4) Tennessee's defense is statistically terrible. Advantage: Iowa

3) In Deacon's 1st 4 game, his best completion percentage was 42.9 (36% total in those 4 games). In his last 5 games, he's been over 50% in 4 of them and over 64% in 3 of them (58% in those 5 games). He's got it figured out. Advantage: Iowa

2) It's BF's last game. He wants it. His Dad wants it. The players love him so they want it. Advantage: Iowa

1) The #1 thing that helped me make my decision is that we never win when I pick us to win so I'm going with Tennessee 17-16. Advantage: Iowa

People say that Iowa's schedule is bad. Tennessee's is as bad if not worse. They beat Virginia, Austin Peay, UTSA (made a bowl), South Carolina, Texas A&M (made a bowl, 7-6), Kentucky (made a bowl, 7-6), UConn, and Vanderbilt. Both teams beat 3 mediocre bowl games and got beat bad by the good teams they played and lost a game to a bad team. Very equal schedules and results.

5) Tennessee out several key players due to portal/draft. We're not other than the injured guys we've played without. We will actually have a few back to full strength from injury, whether they missed games or were limited. Advantage: Iowa

3) In Deacon's 1st 4 game, his best completion percentage was 42.9 (36% total in those 4 games). In his last 5 games, he's been over 50% in 4 of them and over 64% in 3 of them (58% in those 5 games). He's got it figured out. Advantage: Iowa

2) It's BF's last game. He wants it. His Dad wants it. The players love him so they want it. Advantage: Iowa

1) The #1 thing that helped me make my decision is that we never win when I pick us to win so I'm going with Tennessee 17-16. Advantage: Iowa

I hope you're right. regarding #4 - I heard somewhere that UT's Defense ranks highin SEC against the run.

Iowa will be blanked again. The score is a matter of how much Tennessee wants to push the issue in the 4th.

27-0 bad guys.

TN has so many players opting out, this game is shaping up to be a lose / lose situation for Iowa.
If Iowa wins, the story will be that TN was ' depleted' and not a true representation of the TN team (see Ohio State and FSU).
If Iowa loses, the story will be how bad Iowa must be to lose to the ' depleted' TN team.
Not a criticism of the Iowa team at all. Its a symptom of the NIL/portal fiasco in CFB.

As usual, I have no idea who will win. Guess I will go with Iowa since we seem to find crazy ways to win games. It has happened that way 10 times, after all.

TN has so many players opting out, this game is shaping up to be a lose / lose situation for Iowa.
If Iowa wins, the story will be that TN was ' depleted' and not a true representation of the TN team (see Ohio State and FSU).
If Iowa loses, the story will be how bad Iowa must be to lose to the ' depleted' TN team.
Not a criticism of the Iowa team at all. Its a symptom of the NIL/portal fiasco in CFB.
Yes, enjoy your New Years festivities and the Iowa/Tennesse scrimmage tomorrow, Spring ball has come a couple of months early. Hopefully, the 12 team, maybe 16 team format in the future will kill off some of these meaningless bowls, please.

Iowa 20 Tennessee 14

Jesus Christ guys, Tennessee is playing without it's two top QBs, two top RBs, I think one offensive lineman, both of their starting corners and I think one other starter on D. You think that freshman QB has ever played live against a turnover machine like the Iowa D? No, he hasn't.

Yes, enjoy your New Years festivities and the Iowa/Tennesse scrimmage tomorrow, Spring ball has come a couple of months early. Hopefully, the 12 team, maybe 16 team format in the future will kill off some of these meaningless bowls, please.

Cyclone Larry, we really don’t need your opinion on anything. You guys had a pretty rough day on Friday.

I hope you're right. regarding #4 - I heard somewhere that UT's Defense ranks highin SEC against the run.

Me too. Was looking at stats against good teams. They feasted on bad teams and got smoked against good teams. I doubt they've faced an offense like ours.

Why do you bother with Iowa football. Seriously, you clearly think we suck, you only insult the players and the coach, and now you're just making shit up about which to complain.

The game is not a scrimmage. It is a fairly prestigious NY Days Bowl. It counts against the record, so the sarcasm of calling the game "a scrimmage" makes no sense even as sarcasm. Have a chance to close the season with a huge win and some momentum going into the spring. Iowa has only won 11 or more games 3 times in history, I think, so eleven wins is a huge season at Iowa.

Why do you care if other people enjoy watching as many bowls as is possible? Or small schools that get no PR have a chance at some post season success in a minor bowl game? Every bowl game is very meaningful to the teams playing in it and to their fans.

You have a remedy in your hand. Just don't watch Iowa or other "meaningless" games. Your post sounds like a guy that would be content to watch reruns of tOSU vs. Ann Arbor until the college playoffs begin. I wouldn't watch things that annoyed me, unless I was at someone else's house, I guess. There's plenty about which one can be annoyed so why voluntarily do things that bring you only frustration and annoyance?

As much as I hate to say it I feel playing Tennessee is going to be like playing Pee-state and Michigan. We have the defense for the first half. It will eventually get worn down. No way does Tennessee have the defense of either Pedstate or Michigan but they do have a Minnesota/ Nebraska equivalent.
That's all they need to keep Iowa to field goals. The biggest problem is they have some horses on offense and will score even with out some of their starters. If they score 17-20 points Iowa is not going to cut it.
I predict 31-9. That 9 being a field goal and touchdown with mixed extra point because it's in our nemesis. I hope I'm wrong but defense will have to make some points and short fields for us to have a chance for an upset.

DAMN, BEN

DAMN, DAWG

Latest posts