Prediction: Fran suspended rest of season

For a here say report? I doubt it - I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 1 game tho - cause people are sensitive and love to be outraged.

I think you are correct, that’s what I was thinking this morning. He’s been suspended one game before, so maybe a couple game suspension makes more sense.

Am I up in arms about this? No not really. He made a stupid mistake in the heat of the moment, and it was probably directly related to what he feels like was his son getting targeted (not saying he was - just the way fran likely recieved it).

For a here say report? I doubt it - I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 1 game tho - cause people are sensitive and love to be outraged.
It won't be a "here say" report. That official will tell the BIG head of officiating and the BIG office will levy the punishment. If they decide to do anything at all.

I agree. Sounds like something that deserves a T. The only difference is it was after the game instead of during. That shouldn't be the difference between a T and a suspension. But it will be because people need their pound of flesh.

It won't be a "here say" report. That official will tell the BIG head of officiating and the BIG office will levy the punishment. If they decide to do anything at all.

cool. I'm just saying, there's no tape or evidence. Me personally, I think for sure he did it. I don't need any proof...but it's not like Holtmann telling the ref there were "2 bullshit calls in a row" on live national television last night at least. Glad you are back for the HN meltdown - I know you've been reading.

There's a better chance nothing happens to him than getting suspended for the rest of the year... Maybe he'll get a slap on the wrist and miss 1 game. But I don't see it being more than that

Why on earth would he be suspended, unless violated a code of conduct of some sort. Love his passion for the Hawks and his team.

Why on earth would he be suspended, unless violated a code of conduct of some sort. Love his passion for the Hawks and his team.
Calling a ref a M---F---Cheater seems to be a violation of some sort. I am always amused that coaches respond to why they get into coaching To help young people develop (not the multi million dollar salary) I have been associated with some good organizations over the years and I dont think any of them would have considered behavior like McCaffeys to be appropriate adult behavior. Tyler Cook who I think is a good young person appreciates Fran covering their backs but I really dont see how calling A Ref a M---f---g cheater accomplishes that? I like passion also but Fran McCaffrey's tirades go beyond passion The guy has a serious problem with his out of control temper at times.
Iowa didnt lose the game because of Refs and yes maybe the Refs were influenced by the home court but Fran's temper got the best of him and precipitated a classless act which needs to be addressed

IIRC we came out and put a 25 point whipping on Northwestern with Fran suspended and Kirk Speraw in charge.

It was one of the last times you saw Chris Collins use primarily zone defense.

The BIG suspended him for 1 game in 2014, IIRC, for something similar. If they already suspended him for 1 game, for a similar infraction, it stands to reason that another suspension is coming and it will be more than 1 game. For a 2nd offense.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ach-fran-mccaffery-suspended-one-game-big-ten

The Big 10 conference suspended Fran 1 game in 2014 for bumping a ref. I've got to believe that implying directly to an official that they are cheating is probably worth something more than 1 game....but who knows....

There's a better chance nothing happens to him than getting suspended for the rest of the year... Maybe he'll get a slap on the wrist and miss 1 game. But I don't see it being more than that

Would be interesting to suspend Fran ... for Senior Night at Carver.

Calling a ref a M---F---Cheater seems to be a violation of some sort. I am always amused that coaches respond to why they get into coaching To help young people develop (not the multi million dollar salary) I have been associated with some good organizations over the years and I dont think any of them would have considered behavior like McCaffeys to be appropriate adult behavior. Tyler Cook who I think is a good young person appreciates Fran covering their backs but I really dont see how calling A Ref a M---f---g cheater accomplishes that? I like passion also but Fran McCaffrey's tirades go beyond passion The guy has a serious problem with his out of control temper at times.
Iowa didnt lose the game because of Refs and yes maybe the Refs were influenced by the home court but Fran's temper got the best of him and precipitated a classless act which needs to be addressed
Reading lips of college football coaches you can see they use explitives constantly. Prolly get away with more cuz distance from refs, and crowd noise. Pretty sure I have seen college bball coaches say “thats ‘BS” while on the court. Never here of any reprimands there

I think you are correct, that’s what I was thinking this morning. He’s been suspended one game before, so maybe a couple game suspension makes more sense.

Am I up in arms about this? No not really. He made a stupid mistake in the heat of the moment, and it was probably directly related to what he feels like was his son getting targeted (not saying he was - just the way fran likely recieved it).

He blew up at the refs in the tunnel....not on the court. This is a pretty big difference.

Latest posts