Prediction for tonight

CloneHawk

Johnson will be the primary RB, and will have a good game. I don't think he will have the type of performance that Coker had against Mizzou, but I can see him running for something like 80-100 yards. I don't know if the Hawks will win, but it will be a close game

It's all going to depend on if OU shows up. If they do, I can't see this game staying close. But if - like many people seem to believe - OU shows up flat because they're playing in the Insight Bowl when they expected to be in the natinonal title game earlier this season, I give the Hawks a fighter's chance.

OU does not cover the spread..
Hawks will play inspired for norm. but come up short.

I don't see a blowout. I can see OU scoring on a couple of 'big' plays, but If our RB can give us 60-70 yds, I don't see our offense having too many issues. I'll be a homer and pick the Hawks by 3. 27-24

you guys are all getting down too quickly.. besides 2002 orange bowl, which was this coaching staff's first spotlight bowl, have you ever seen Iowa get blown out in a bowl game?? I hate KOK just as much as most of you do, but when you give Kirk a full month to prepare, there is no way that the hawks get blown out.. It might not be a win, but it certainly wont be a blowout. I'd take the points if vegas is still giving 16...

on a sidenote, does anyone know if Norm will be on the sideline tonight since this is his last game?? I would imagine he would rather be on the sideline for one last time, than in the booth.

Pulp Fiction style raping gonna occur tonight. Got the same vibe before IA Cal Alamo Bowl several years back. Probably not the same score but it will feel just as sh***y. Save the good beer and cheesesticks for Monday.

you guys are all getting down too quickly.. besides 2002 orange bowl, which was this coaching staff's first spotlight bowl, have you ever seen Iowa get blown out in a bowl game?? I hate KOK just as much as most of you do, but when you give Kirk a full month to prepare, there is no way that the hawks get blown out.. It might not be a win, but it certainly wont be a blowout. I'd take the points if vegas is still giving 16...

your thinking of it the wrong way. KOK has nothing to do with it. When was the last time Iowa had a Defense this bad AND faced a high quality QB?

That being said, Iowa wins 3 - 2. and we hear again how boring B1G football is from SEC fans.

Iowa 27
Oklahoma 13

Iowa will use RB by committee & have good success & the Vandy/McNutt combo will be tearing it up... Iowa D will force minumum 2 TO's & will kill many Oklahoma drives in the red zone....also look for special teams to be " special" !

Last edited:

Latest posts