Predicted transfers in the next few months

As much as many of you hate Fran, to my understanding, his players love him. Jack's transfer is understandable given his situation. If JW wants to chase his dream of being a pro, I get his desire (if not disagree with his path). Beyond that, I cannot see a logical reason any of the rest of the crew will leave. JBO is not coming back, so all of the guards are going to get a shot at starting or more PT in a system that is up tempo. With Nunge and Garza gone, anyone above 6'8 will be getting minutes (even if we get a transfer in the post, which we have to). Hell 30% of the roster is named Murray or McCaffrey. I think we are safe there.

The rumblings on CJ are internet echo chamber. If JW does not come back, he and Murray are the most proven scorers on the team. He will get 35 minutes a game at Iowa next year. Think he will get that at Kentucky?

OP was dumb.

As much as many of you hate Fran, to my understanding, his players love him. Jack's transfer is understandable given his situation. If JW wants to chase his dream of being a pro, I get his desire (if not disagree with his path). Beyond that, I cannot see a logical reason any of the rest of the crew will leave. JBO is not coming back, so all of the guards are going to get a shot at starting or more PT in a system that is up tempo. With Nunge and Garza gone, anyone above 6'8 will be getting minutes (even if we get a transfer in the post, which we have to). Hell 30% of the roster is named Murray or McCaffrey. I think we are safe there.

The rumblings on CJ are internet echo chamber. If JW does not come back, he and Murray are the most proven scorers on the team. He will get 35 minutes a game at Iowa next year. Think he will get that at Kentucky?

OP was dumb.
Absolutely right. If you want to predict how many players on the roster will see good playing time, just consider Fran’s willingness to use an extensive bench. If there is someone who the coaches think may not have much of a future, they will make that known. I am pretty certain they have been honest with their kids over the years.

Did you not see him play in his limited moments?
I did see him play. I saw him sprinting up and down the court, even after he got a contested rebound. I saw him take the ball out of bounds after a make and beat his man down the floor. I saw him battle on the boards hard. He didn't make the shots but did get several shots off of offensive rebounds. Maybe you were watching someone else?

Someone posted an article taking about what players Kentucky could potentially poach and mentioned CJ along with a big list of others. The article also stated the list of players were completely his idea and there was no evidence of any mutual interest from any of the listed players. Basically Kentucky needs 3 point shooters bad, CJ is a great 3 point shooter, and CJ is from Kentucky. That's pretty much it.
Not that I don't think you are right, and IMO, it doesn't add up considering CJ turned down a scholarship from Xavier to potentially walk on at Iowa. But there is more skuzzle than that article (which I read too). Tom Kakert said on his last pod that a couple Kentucky beat guys he knows and respects have been claiming this move is coming. He said he doesn't believe it either, but with the injury situation ya just never know where he and his family are with things.

Dang, you're right. I just googled "Bigfoot" and darn if the same thing didn't happen.

"It's been reported that etc, etc."
I don't find anything shocking when it comes to transfers in CBB, couple that with CJ dealing with an injury that may plague him his entire career, I don't think anything's off the table

Not that I don't think you are right, and IMO, it doesn't add up considering CJ turned down a scholarship from Xavier to potentially walk on at Iowa. But there is more skuzzle than that article (which I read too). Tom Kakert said on his last pod that a couple Kentucky beat guys he knows and respects have been claiming this move is coming. He said he doesn't believe it either, but with the injury situation ya just never know where he and his family are with things.
I didn't hear that but it doesn't sound promising. If guys Tom respects are saying it it must be at least an option.

Every since Pitino took over Iona JoeT transferring there has been in my head. It won't happen, but if he did leave though.......

Does the OP really think that the response of proud tough D 1 athletes is to run like scared rabbits just because the season didn't end the way they would have liked?

The apocalypse is truly upon us now.

I heard Connor is transferring to Ol Miss for baseball this spring. Something about immediate eligibility due to covid and then back to Iowa for BB next fall.

If Kentucky’s floor is easier on the feet it’s hard to blame him. I can’t see it otherwise.

If Kentucky’s floor is easier on the feet it’s hard to blame him. I can’t see it otherwise.
I'm not going to pretend to know, again, just what Iowa beat guys have said the last few weeks and I assume that most of those guys are more plugged in than me.

Last edited:
I don't find anything shocking when it comes to transfers in CBB, couple that with CJ dealing with an injury that may plague him his entire career, I don't think anything's off the table
Yeah that has me nervous regardless of him staying or going. That's something that doesn't just go away it doesn't seem like...

So basically our top 10 players are gone. This would have to be some type of historic transfer event. I can't wait to see how wrong the OP was on this so called prediction! If he's right, we eff'd!

Is Iowa finally going to start playing NCAA hockey? I saw a tweet where the Iowa hockey club has brought back an old coach who is going to resurrect it. Made it sound like they would possibly be moving up the food chain.

Someone mentioned flooding CHA, would that be for hockey or would they build a new, smaller facility just for that sport?

When is the B1G going to invite Arizona St in for hockey and wrestling?

So basically our top 10 players are gone. This would have to be some type of historic transfer event. I can't wait to see how wrong the OP was on this so called prediction! If he's right, we eff'd!
We would basically be down to two sets of brothers. Wouldn't that be something?

We would basically be down to two sets of brothers. Wouldn't that be something?
Ha, have you been living in a cave?!? Connor is off to Ole Miss. Patrick is going to start his own tree trimming service (he doesn't require a ladder, so lower premium on his workers comp policy), and the Murrays are headed back to prep school.

Next year will just be Toussaint and a few managers. Unless Toussaint or the managers transfer too (don't laugh, they might).

Is Iowa finally going to start playing NCAA hockey? I saw a tweet where the Iowa hockey club has brought back an old coach who is going to resurrect it. Made it sound like they would possibly be moving up the food chain.

Someone mentioned flooding CHA, would that be for hockey or would they build a new, smaller facility just for that sport?

When is the B1G going to invite Arizona St in for hockey and wrestling?

You must live on the other side of the state or perhaps out-of-state. The city of Coralville just built a smaller multipurpose arena (Seats like 4000-5000) that also includes an ice rink. This would be the only reason they would bring hockey back, which I have a hard time believing at this point with COVID and the financial situation. They just gave up some sports so I don't think it would happen any time fast.

The City of Coralville is going to be home to a minor league hockey team which will call that new arena home. This will be an actual minor league team which is above the level of the teams in the rest of the state which I think are USHL.