Predicted transfers in the next few months

echo44

Here is my prediction, obvious the first one is too easy.

Transfers:definite
Nunge
Toussaint

Probable transfers
Ulis
Perkins

Absolutely not returning
Weiskamp
Jbo
Garza

The players do not live in a vacuum. They like us know that this was one of Iowa's most talented teams and fell short. If we had developed some of the younger players throughout the year rather than rely on injured players, I think we would have gone much farther. If I am JT, Ulis and Perkins sitting on the bench watching as injured players play subpar and watch us loose particularly with the coach's injured son stealing my playing time, I would be looking to transfer. Obviously Conner and Patrick are going to stay. CJ will stay he is a great player but has had foot issues two years in a row , I am concerned about his durability. Murray will stay as it is too ideal having his brother in the same program. Josh is an unknown. It doesn't seem he was using this valuable time to get in shape. That says something, on the surface he doesn't seem to have the drive that is present in Luka. JBO was definitely not himself this year he never returned to the level he was playing at before the surgery. I would be surprised if he came back . Weiskamp to me will go pro. Also another interesting aside during Luka's post game interview after Oregon he talked about the future. he did say something like " coach Mccaffery is the coach to take Iowa to the next level in the tournament. In my mind that makes me wonder if the players are questioning that very thought in their own minds. We speak what we are thinking about. I guarantee that there is not a player on Gonzaga or a student at that school who ever has the thought is Mark few the coach that can take us deep in the tournament. If Gonzaga looses next year in the first round nobody will question Mark Few's abilities. All this is speculation, maybe Fran is the best coach in the country but just has not been able to get the right player mix at the right time i do not know that as I am just a fan. What do you peeps think. How would we have done this year with the same players and Mark Few as our coach?

Last edited:
What do you peeps think.
What do I think?

"Loose" means "not firmly or tightly fixed in place."

I didn't know we had a coach named "Mccaferty."

And how the hell do you have even the slightest clue whether Ogundele is getting in shape or not?

Fran gets younger guys ready more than any other coach I've seen. Underwood plays his star up 30 to help him with stats. Gonzaga played their starters until really late in the game when they were up huge. If anything, Fran is guilty of playing the bench too much most years. This year he did great with it in my opinion. But I guess backups who played on a top 10 team all year and are in line for way more minutes next year will want to leave because we lost a tournament game. Interesting take.

What do I think? I think Iowa is anywhere from a first weekend exit to an NIT team depending on who returns, or who is added to the roster.

I would not be surprised if JT, Uhlis, or Perkins left to play somewhere else.

I will predict 1 to 2 more players sail their boat somewhere else before it is all said and done.

As was pointed out on a webcast out there if Bohannon were to stay both Toussaint and Ulis could have second thoughts as they have likely been expecting to step in after this season.

..........rumor season.

My goodness some of you are so damn pessimistic.
You fling a name out there as a transfer just so you can say you called it first.

The sky is not falling, we will not have a mass defection of players, we will not be a pile of shit team next year, but we probably won't be pushing for the B10 title either.

Most posts like the OP's that are made without anything but speculation are more of a reflection of what the poster would do in the situation than what a player might do.

Nunge
Toussaint

Probable transfers
Ulis
Perkins

Absolutely not returning
Weiskamp
Jbo
Garza

The players do not live in a vacuum. They like us know that this was one of Iowa's most talented teams and fell short. If we had developed some of the younger players throughout the year rather than rely on injured players, I think we would have gone much farther. If I am JT, Ulis and Perkins sitting on the bench watching as injured players play subpar and watch us loose particularly with the coach's injured son stealing my playing time, I would be looking to transfer. Obviously Conner and Patrick are going to stay. CJ will stay he is a great player but has had foot issues two years in a row , I am concerned about his durability. Murray will stay as it is too ideal having his brother in the same program. Josh is an unknown. It doesn't seem he was using this valuable time to get in shape. That says something, on the surface he doesn't seem to have the drive that is present in Luka. JBO was definitely not himself this year he never returned to the level he was playing at before the surgery. I would be surprised if he came back . Weiskamp to me will go pro. Also another interesting aside during Luka's post game interview after Oregon he talked about the future. he did say something like " coach Mccaferty is the coach to take Iowa to the next level in the tournament. In my mind that makes me wonder if the players are questioning that very thought in their own minds. We speak what we are thinking about. I guarantee that there is not a player on Gonzaga or a student at that school who ever has the thought is Mark few the coach that can take us deep in the tournament. If Gonzaga looses next year in the first round nobody will question Mark Few's abilities. All this is speculation, maybe Fran is the best coach in the country but just has not been able to get the right player mix at the right time i do not know that as I am just a fan. What do you peeps think. How would we have done this year with the same players and Mark Few as our coach?
I think Keegan is staying at Iowa for more than just his brother.

Nunge
Toussaint

Probable transfers
Ulis
Perkins

Absolutely not returning
Weiskamp
Jbo
Garza

The players do not live in a vacuum. They like us know that this was one of Iowa's most talented teams and fell short. If we had developed some of the younger players throughout the year rather than rely on injured players, I think we would have gone much farther. If I am JT, Ulis and Perkins sitting on the bench watching as injured players play subpar and watch us loose particularly with the coach's injured son stealing my playing time, I would be looking to transfer. Obviously Conner and Patrick are going to stay. CJ will stay he is a great player but has had foot issues two years in a row , I am concerned about his durability. Murray will stay as it is too ideal having his brother in the same program. Josh is an unknown. It doesn't seem he was using this valuable time to get in shape. That says something, on the surface he doesn't seem to have the drive that is present in Luka. JBO was definitely not himself this year he never returned to the level he was playing at before the surgery. I would be surprised if he came back . Weiskamp to me will go pro. Also another interesting aside during Luka's post game interview after Oregon he talked about the future. he did say something like " coach Mccaferty is the coach to take Iowa to the next level in the tournament. In my mind that makes me wonder if the players are questioning that very thought in their own minds. We speak what we are thinking about. I guarantee that there is not a player on Gonzaga or a student at that school who ever has the thought is Mark few the coach that can take us deep in the tournament. If Gonzaga looses next year in the first round nobody will question Mark Few's abilities. All this is speculation, maybe Fran is the best coach in the country but just has not been able to get the right player mix at the right time i do not know that as I am just a fan. What do you peeps think. How would we have done this year with the same players and Mark Few as our coach?
Ask almost any poster here that actually watched the games and they will tell you that it was obvious that Josh was in better shape as the season went on.

Nunge
Toussaint

Probable transfers
Ulis
Perkins

Absolutely not returning
Weiskamp
Jbo
Garza

Player supports coach = players don't know if the coach is the right coach.... makes sense.

Are you one of those no really means yes mouth breathers?

Nunge
Toussaint

Probable transfers
Ulis
Perkins

Absolutely not returning
Weiskamp
Jbo
Garza

This post is...wow. So literally all of our guards are going to transfer...why? Lol

What do I think?

"Loose" means "not firmly or tightly fixed in place."

I didn't know we had a coach named "Mccaferty."

And how the hell do you have even the slightest clue whether Ogundele is getting in shape or not?
Did you not see him play in his limited moments?

JW is not leaving, why would he leave when he will be the star of the show? He is not ready for the Association. JT is staying because he will be the starting PG. I am more worried about who our Big will be. Fran will need to get one asap, because the Big Ten is such a physical league.

Haha, one of most likely to transfer guys still out there is CJ and this guy lists him as safe to stay. I mean, just google "CJ Frederick transfer to Kentucky" and see what you find.

Haha, one of most likely to transfer guys still out there is CJ and this guy lists him as safe to stay. I mean, just google "CJ Frederick transfer to Kentucky" and see what you find.
Someone posted an article taking about what players Kentucky could potentially poach and mentioned CJ along with a big list of others. The article also stated the list of players were completely his idea and there was no evidence of any mutual interest from any of the listed players. Basically Kentucky needs 3 point shooters bad, CJ is a great 3 point shooter, and CJ is from Kentucky. That's pretty much it.

Dang, you're right. I just googled "Bigfoot" and darn if the same thing didn't happen.

"It's been reported that etc, etc."